Swaim on twitter: Nationals to sign Prince Fielder to 8 year deal?

Greg

I find it funny that some of you would believe some random guy on twitter over Jen or Heyman. Even if you don't like them.

Can't speak for everyone, but for me, in this age, they're pretty much all the same. Everyone is in such a rush to be the first to scoop. I think it's just as likely that some random dude overhears a parcel of correct information, as it is someone like Heyman or Royle reporting. I put an equal amount of stock into both - that is, not much. NOthing against those two, it's just that information changes so fast, they can totally report the right thing and still end up wrong. Just the way it is.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The motivation may be there for the O's, as Jim Duquette says, but is the motivation there for Prince to play here?

I think the biggest motivation is the money. If the money is comparable, he is most likely going to another team. The Orioles have to outbid other teams to get him.

O's are going to get played by Boras once again....

Ken Rosenthal @Ken_Rosenthal 36s

Presence of #Orioles in Fielder derby, as reported by @Jim_Duquette, could set up O's vs. #Nationals, giving Boras leverage he needs. #MLB

Well...if Rosenthal's talking about it, I feel there is definitely some legitimacy to us being in the talks. I think he's right. I'm guessing Boras is using us for leverage.

Presence of #Orioles in Fielder derby, as reported by @Jim_Duquette, could set up O's vs. #Nationals, giving Boras leverage he needs. #MLB

If we're not going to sign him, we can at least drive up the price for the Nationals. I'm ok with that.

This isn't like Tex. We are in this in the final run.

If Angelos is willing to pay, Fielder will be an Oriole...

Well...if Rosenthal's talking about it, I feel there is definitely some legitimacy to us being in the talks. I think he's right. I'm guessing Boras is using us for leverage.

So Rosenthal is more informed than our GM's brother (whose report he is basing this on)?

EDIT: Apparently they're cousins...my bad. :o

Good catch. Still cant comment, but good catch.

My initial positive report still holds true, haven't heard anything different.

Based on your information (that we all respect as needing to remain private), what do you think our chances are? Be as vague as you like (or ignore the question if you feel it inappropriate to answer).

Archived