Swaim on twitter: Nationals to sign Prince Fielder to 8 year deal?

Greg

IF what Royle heard is true, then this tells me that PA was ok with them going to a certain level for Fielder but now they have to go higher, so Buck is trying to eek it out of him.

Its interesting if true.

All I can picture in my head is a kid asking his dad for an increase in his allowance.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IF what Royle heard is true, then this tells me that PA was ok with them going to a certain level for Fielder but now they have to go higher, so Buck is trying to eek it out of him.

Its interesting if true.

Two words for you:

Jen

Royle

I know you prefaced it with the big "IF" but still...

Jen

Royle

You know better than this.

We're Ravens fans. It's what we do.

I'm a Redskins fan but I take punishment just the same. It's actually more Orioles-like punishment then the Ravens dish out. The Ravens are on the cusp of being great, while the Redskins are a once great franchise, now crippled by terrible ownership and a tough division (usually).

Two words for you:

Jen

Royle

I know you prefaced it with the big "IF" but still...

Jen

Royle

You know better than this.

She may not be as reliable as you would like but she was a reporter around here for a year or 2 and she does have national connections I am sure. I don't doubt that she has some legit sources.

Doesn't mean she is right though.

Its interesting if true.

Didn't Jen say like 3 weeks ago that she was going to stop tweeting about the O's, I don't get her.

Dear Peter,

If you sign Prince Fielder, I will personally GUARANTEE that I will attend 12 more games than I did last season. With a guest. We're talking at least $260. Cash money. Think about it.

Sincerely,

SammyBirdland

Pete, John, and Louie;

I will too. We are up to $520. And I know how you feel about money

Your friend,

Weams

She may not be as reliable as you would like but she was a reporter around here for a year or 2 and she does have national connections I am sure. I don't doubt that she has some legit sources.

Doesn't mean she is right though.

I say, again
Source: #Orioles are prepared to make David Ortiz a two-year offer. Hearing there's interest from both sides.
Really?

Per Rotoworld, just a re-hash of the Royle tweet:

"According to MASN's Jen Royle, Orioles management has been trying to lure money out of owner Peter Angelos for a run at free agent first baseman Prince Fielder.

Royle says Orioles manager Buck Showalter met with Angelos late last week and flat-out "asked for money." It's not known how Angelos responded. Fielder's market is beginning to pick up with the countdown to spring training reaching less than 30 days. The 27-year-old slugger owns a .929 career OPS and batted .299/.415/.566 with 38 home runs and 120 RBI in 162 games last season for the Brewers. He's also drawing interest from the Nationals, Rangers and Dodgers."

Man, I would have loved to have been a fly on that wall!

Interesting that Buck met with Petey instead of DD.

Archived