This Year's AL and NL MVPs

Answerman

Since we are making bold predictions, how about suggesting this year's MVPs. Thought this might be a nice complementary conversation. I'll start with the following:

AL - Desmond Jennings. I watched him play for Durham and saw him this weekend hit the three dingers against us - they were not wind-aided by the way - this "leadoff" hitter will hit .320 with 30 HR and 30 SB. He also plays primo defense. Justin who?

NL - Clayton Kershaw. I'm thinking he wins 25 games with an ERA in 2.20's. With Fielder and Pujols in the other league, and the precedent of a pitcher winning the award (Verlander), I like Kershaw for the MVP - and I think the Dodgers will be fun to watch as they add to the momentum of their new ownership and build excitement through the season and capture the West.

Since we are making bold predictions, how about suggesting this year's MVPs. Thought this might be a nice complementary conversation. I'll start with the following:

AL - Desmond Jennings. I watched him play for Durham and saw him this weekend hit the three dingers against us - they were not wind-aided by the way - this "leadoff" hitter will hit .320 with 30 HR and 30 SB. He also plays primo defense. Justin who?

NL - Clayton Kershaw. I'm thinking he wins 25 games with an ERA in 2.20's. With Fielder and Pujols in the other league, and the precedent of a pitcher winning the award (Verlander), I like Kershaw for the MVP - and I think the Dodgers will be fun to watch as they add to the momentum of their new ownership and build excitement through the season and capture the West.

Interesting choices, to say the least. I don't agree with the Jennings choice; he's never hit more than like 20 HR's in a season, even in the minors. Also, he hit over .300 just one year in the minors. .320 and 30 HR's is really pushing it imo. We'll see what happens however.

Agreed that Kershaw for MVP could potentially happen. He's the best pitcher in the world right now not named Verlander.

LOL's

Jennings will put up "AJ" type numbers... and that won't be enough to win an MVP.

Archived