Tigers set to acquire Cabrera, Willis from Marlins

Dannyboy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
think so? Keep in mind that's a lot of young talent we'd be asking the Angels to give up. Weaver's value is very high, as is Wood's. Santana is a bit of a question mark, but he definitely has value.

Attempting to remove all Oriole bias from my mind, this seems like a pretty fair deal to me.

Sorry but that deal isnt even close....sounds harsh but not even close

This is exactly what I was talkign about last week, the Angles were sick of the Marlins, another team saw that and swooped in an gave the Marlins a deal they couldn't refuse. this is the absolutely best cicrumstance for the Orioles. NOw the angels and dodgers will both be bidding on Miggy and that will mean they will have to offer a little more. With Cabrera, A-Rod, Lowell, and it looks like santana will soon be dealt, Bedard and Miggy finally become #1 priorities for the teams.

I wouldn't worry about Haren, I think that the Yankees will get him cuz they couldn't get Santana. The twins want to get a trade done tonight. I think Miggy and Bedard are in different uniforms by Thursday.

that's cool. I think maybe I just value Weaver more than others do. I'd be curious to see what an Angels board would say about this trade though.

Think of it this way most Tejada to the Angels deals already included Wodd+ Saunders/Santana. So you are asking to add Bedard and only add Weaver on their end!

There have already been rumors that the Orioles ask for Wood+Weaver for Tejada by himself. (Not that the LAA's would have done that)

think so? Keep in mind that's a lot of young talent we'd be asking the Angels to give up. Weaver's value is very high, as is Wood's. Santana is a bit of a question mark, but he definitely has value.

Attempting to remove all Oriole bias from my mind, this seems like a pretty fair deal to me.

You need to read the Hangout more, Weaver had an impressive rookie year but was not great last year, he throws a lot of pitches, he didn't get passed the 6th much last year. Gives up HRs, and walks, Santana is a ? and Wood you never know how he turns out. We wanted Wood and Santana for Tejada, Bedard for Weaver heads up would be out of the question ridiculous, you would have to give Adenhart, Weaver, Wood, Aybar, ATLEAST

You need to read the Hangout more, Weaver had an impressive rookie year but was not great last year, he throws a lot of pitches, he didn't get passed the 6th much last year. Gives up HRs, and walks, Santana is a ? and Wood you never know how he turns out. We wanted Wood and Santana for Tejada, Bedard for Weaver heads up would be out of the question ridiculous, you would have to give Adenhart, Weaver, Wood, Aybar, ATLEAST

fair enough. I think my opinion of Weaver was probably skewed having only seen him pitch in his rather successful ML debut.

Kotchman? SG? Anyone? :eek:

FROM MLBTR:

Jon Paul Morosi reveals the three remaining players, and they're all pitchers: Burke Badenhop, Eulogio de la Cruz, and Dallas Trahern. Based on Kevin Goldstein's Tigers prospect list, the team surrendered its #1, 7, and 11th ranked prospects. Miller's not on the list due to big league experience but he'd be third if he was.

Archived