Have the Orioles hit their ceiling?

Frobby

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
.500 ball from here would get the Orioles to 90 wins. That's unbelievable, but I'm greedy and want more. This team is still not convinced it has a ceiling.

Hopefully we find out what the team's ceiling on a NL field in October. Seriously though. What a wonderful season this has been. I'm with you. I want the division now.

What a fun thread to read through with hindsight ... The first three pages were so doom and gloom (understandably so). Go O's! Let's keep pushing that ceiling up!

OOOA LOT of threads are fun to read through with hindsight.

OOOThis one is a keeper.) :clap3:

I think it's too early to tell.

We certainly have gone above and beyond the 6-games over that you were hoping for earlier this season though, Frank. :)

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/120416-If-the-O-s-can-win-today

I could see them going down to as many as 6 games over, or as high as 18 games over by early August.

Not exactly August but you sure tagged the 18 over...Rep to you good sir.

Not exactly August but you sure tagged the 18 over ... Rep to you good sir.

Make that 19 over now, Wildcat/Cardinal.

I never said that they wouldn't get higher than 18 games over .500 ....... I just said that I wouldn't be surprised if they got as high as 18 games over by early August. ;)

Now let's get to 20, and stay there or higher. That would mean at least 91 wins and I don't think that will be topped by the other competitors for the second wild card.

I'm with you on the 20 games over with a win tomorrow, Frank.

But, since we're in first place by half a game, I'm all about getting the division title, not one of the the 2 wildcards. Remember, you said that you were greedy. ;):)

Just incredible. The Orioles are 20 games over .500. Wow.

Yes.

And it all started when F ROBBY had wondered if we had plateaued at 11 or 12 games above .500 back in late May.

Have the Orioles Hit their Ceiling?

It seems like the team has been hovering at 11-12 games over for about a week now. The bullpen has looked quite human in that stretch. I'm getting the feeling that this may be as good as it's going to get.

This is a great thread !!!

Archived