Have the Orioles hit their ceiling?

Frobby

Bump.... This is the first time we've been 12 games over since June 17. A win tomorrow would match the season high of 13 games over (which was at 27-14). Let's crack that ceiling!

I was going to bump this thread, but I was waiting until we were 13 games above .500, which would match our season high (27-14.)

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bump.... This is the first time we've been 12 games over since June 17. A win tomorrow would match the season high of 13 games over (which was at 27-14). Let's crack that ceiling!
Every time you do this...... ;)

I've been looking up ways to break a jinx, but it all involves white magic and other spooky heebee-jeebee stuff.

Someone get a live rooster, we're dealing with a lot of.....

stuff :D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Fo88LaJIt5E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What wd the O's have to do to match the 27-14 winning pct. (.658)? Win 107 games. Is that possible still? With 69 W's currently, they'd have to win 38 of their remaining 36 games....

Every time you do this...... ;)

I've been looking up ways to break a jinx, but it all involves white magic and other spooky heebee-jeebee stuff.

Someone get a live rooster, we're dealing with a lot of.....

stuff :D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Fo88LaJIt5E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Frank and myself have both bumped this thread several times since it was started:

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/120416-If-the-O-s-can-win-today

We're well over 6 games above .500 now.

There is no jinx.

There is no jinx.
Really? I don't have the time or the inclination to find all the examples over the years. Make sure you bump this thread also when the O's have another 5 game win streak. ;)
A bigger question now, thanks a lot, is can they overcome the Frobby jinx from this thread? :D

ETA, I went back and read the OP, a classic reverse jinx ;)

It seems like the team has been hovering at 11-12 games over for about a week now. The bullpen has looked quite human in that stretch. I'm getting the feeling that this may be as good as it's going to get.

Really? I don't have the time or the inclination to find all the examples over the years. Make sure you bump this thread also when the O's have another 5 game win streak. ;)

ETA, I went back and read the OP, a classic reverse jinx ;)

Really. Frobby holds no power over whether or not the Orioles win or lose. If it so happens that he created a bunch of threads over the years at the OH which immediately preceded Oriole disasters, it's nothing more than a coincidence. There is no F Robby jinx, any more than there will be a Santa Claus shooting down people's chimney's on Christmas Eve, or a Tooth Fairy putting quarters under people's pillows.

Really. Frobby holds no power over whether or not the Orioles win or lose. If it so happens that he created a bunch of threads over the years at the OH which immediately preceded Oriole disasters, it's nothing more than a coincidence. There is no F Robby jinx, any more than there will be a Santa Claus shooting down people's chimney's on Christmas Eve, or a Tooth Fairy putting quarters under people's pillows.

I bet you are big hit with neices, nephews, or your own children if you have any. :P

Drat, tomorrow was my last chance to see a game here. Now that I know they are doomed to lose why go? Oh well, maybe Tillman wil pitch well and we'll lose something like 1-2. Would have been nice to sweep though. :angryfire::cussing:

The truth is, I probably have started at least one thread per day on average over the last few years. If you post that much, some of the things you say are bound to backfire. I should keep quieter I suppose.

The truth is, I probably have started at least one thread per day on average over the last few years. If you post that much, some of the things you say are bound to backfire. I should keep quieter, I suppose.

I know what just you mean. :o

Archived