On the Record: Who do you want the O's to pick?

Who do you want the O's to pick today?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want the O's to pick today?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I voted for Rendon over Bundy last year. This year I'm just keeping my mouth shut, and rooting for whoever we pick to do well.

I STILL want Rendon in this organization in the worst way. With Jones signed, I'll have to figure out another crazy trade idea primed for this deadline or offseason. I got it...JJ (Johnson) + JJ (Hardy) for Rendon. Enough? [Answer: No, they don't want Hardy that bad.]

In theory, we're choosing between a lot of very good young players. Hopefully there's no bad choice in the bunch. If there is, I hope it's not our guy. :D

I STILL want Rendon in this organization in the worst way. With Jones signed, I'll have to figure out another crazy trade idea primed for this deadline or offseason. I got it...JJ (Johnson) + JJ (Hardy) for Rendon. Enough? [Answer: No, they don't want Hardy that bad.]

This might not be so far fetched. I think they definitely need to trade Rendon. With all of the injuries, 2B is probably out of the question right now and he's too good of a fielder to waste at 1B and I don't see Zimmerman moving off 3B until long after Rendon is MLB ready. The Nats have more than enough SP depth, their two biggest needs are SS and CF. The upcoming FA CF market is pretty thick, so it would make sense for SS to be the area they target in trade and Hardy would be one of the most valuable SS's available. Hardy alone obviously isn't equal value to Rendon and not sure how interested they'd be in Johnson, but perhaps a lower minors prospect like Delmonico would be of interest as the 2nd piece in a big package.

If they're looking for a CF...maybe Avery could be part of a deal? I assume their outfield will have all of Werth, Morse and Harper by the deadline, so they probably won't be looking for a CF this season. You never know though.

If they're looking for a CF...maybe Avery could be part of a deal? I assume their outfield will have all of Werth, Morse and Harper by the deadline, so they probably won't be looking for a CF this season. You never know though.

I could definitely see that, though we might need to do some work to sell them on him. If they're contending, might be tough to get by defensively with Morse at one of the corners along with a below average CF (be it Werth or Harper). I could see Morse getting a lot of time at 1B vs LHP.

Correa all the way. I've said for years,(but not recently), that you don't pick a pitcher in the top 10, when an all star bat is sitting there. Injury factor alone says a "tie in talent" goes to the bat. The only exception to this rule is if you have a Strasburg - Beckett type guy sitting there. Before anyone suggest that Gausman/Apple is that type of pitcher, let me point out that "every expert" that i've read the last few months has said that no one was a lock at 1-1 in this draft. In the strasburg draft, everyone knew months in advance that this type of talent was going 1-1. Either way I hope like hell the guy we pick becomes a STUD.

I said other because I like Giolito. If he's the best player, he's the best player. I don't think a single one of us would not want Strasburg right now if he had just come off surgery and missing a whole year. So, it's no different for me with Giolito. If we say we're taking BPA, then take BPA. That guy is Giolito. That being said, my next three guys would be Buxton, Correa, and Gausman in that order.

Archived