Stark hears Orioles in on Garza talks...

Bazooka Jones

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm on the fence about this, honestly.

I wouldn't mind making a splash and picking up Soriano and Garza. I think they'd be reasonable improvements over what they'd replace (a gaping hell mouth in LF and Tommy Hunter, presumably, in the rotation). I'm not about to give up a ton of value for them, though. Schoop isn't untouchable for me, but I'd be trying to use him in a different deal. Bundy and Machado are completely off limits. If you're telling me you can get those two and not give up Schoop or create another hole in the rotation, I'm in.

Package together Schoop, Tillman, Mummey and Matusz for Soriano (Minus a chunk of his contract obviously) and Garza. Package Reynolds with Hunter to Arizona for Saunders (If his DL trip isn't overly serious) and I think we have a much stronger team.

Roberts 2B

Markakis RF

Jones CF

Soriano LF

Wieters C

Davis 1B

Thome DH

Betimeit 3B

Hardy SS

Andino

Flahrety

Pearce

Chavez

Avery

Hammel

Garza

Chen

Saunders

Britton

Arrieta

Lindstorm

ODay

Ayala

Strop

Johnson

I'd be extremely happy with this obviously a lot would have to happen to get to this point but I definitely think each of the trades would be worth it. Soriano is having a very productive year batting around .275 with 15 HR and 45-50 RBI he could definitely help us make a push and him and Thome give us even more power potential in the lineup.

If you pick up Soriano, he'll play LF, which leaves Chris Davis to do what exactly? Split time at 1b with Reynolds? (unlss we are trading Chris Davis or Reynolds to the Cubs)

Davis would make a million times more sense for a team like the Cubs while Reynolds would not. There is no reason what so ever for the Cubs to take Reynolds unless a the Orioles are going to take Soriano and even then it probably doesn't make much sense. I think that Reynolds value was at its highest last year and we were not contending. We missed the boat on trading him and getting some decent value back in return IMO.

Davis would make a million times more sense for a team like the Cubs while Reynolds would not. There is no reason what so ever for the Cubs to take Reynolds unless a the Orioles are going to take Soriano and even then it probably doesn't make much sense. I think that Reynolds value was at its highest last year and we were not contending. We missed the boat on trading him and getting some decent value back in return IMO.

Neither Reynolds or Davis make no sens for the Cubs. They have Rizzo and LaHair.

Neither Reynolds or Davis make no sens for the Cubs. They have Rizzo and LaHair.

Exactly. My hope is the Padres get involved in this. I think a combination of Garza, Headley, Matusz, and Richard, along with others, would make for a good three-team trade.

Jed Hoyer, now in Chicago, came from the Padres. Theo, also in Chicago, succeeded DD in Boston. Who knows? Could be a connection.

Archived