vs. ATHLETICS 7/27

OFFNY

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I honestly think that he started overthrowing after the bad luck. It happens with our young guys a bit too often. I actually see plenty tonight in Zach to be fairly positive going forward, provided he makes some adjustments. I'll need to check out the PitchFX info to know for sure. But, yeah, he's really struggling to finish his pitches on occasion tonight.

His stuff is just so dynamic its frustrating to see him struggle with his command in the first inning. The home run by Carter was just a nice piece of hitting because that pitch was four inches off the plate. He also doesn't seem to be throwing his changeup much which is ashamed.

His stuff is just so dynamic its frustrating to see him struggle with his command in the first inning. The home run by Carter was just a nice piece of hitting because that pitch was four inches off the plate. He also doesn't seem to be throwing his changeup much which is ashamed.

Agreed. Big picture, right now, I'll take spotty command on his way back from a shoulder injury w/ flashes (actually, more than mere flashes) of dynamic stuff over the opposite. But I've probably just failed to "understand" and "adapt" to the "dynamic" of a winning season.

My MLB Gameday is telling me nothing, you guys stopped posting...I'm dyin' over here in Blackout Restriction land.

Umpires reviewed that ball to see if homerun or double. Stays a double.

Now a walk, 4 pitch walk. Dang just when Britton was looking good he goes off again

Odd fact: Reynolds' OBP is almost exactly the same as it was last year--as well as in 2008 and 2010 with the Diamondbacks (.320-.323 during those 4 years). It's just that the home runs have disappeared--I wish we knew for how long!

I posted his hittrackeronline.com stats in a thread on the main page. His opposite field HRs have all but disappeared since joining the O's. It tells me his approach has changed somewhat from his Dback days. He's become very pull happy as an Oriole.

Archived