vs. ATHLETICS 7/27

OFFNY

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, you take that from Zach given the start. Battling spotty command and some bad luck (and some bad outcomes of his own making) he's managed to at least keep the team in the game.

Some good luck for the O's, too, but not quite enough ability to take advantage of it.

I'm going to choose to believe that part of the reason why Zachary threw 7 consecutive balls right after Reddick's double is because he was thrown off of his rhythm by the long delay for the double/home run call.

Hey, you take that from Zach given the start. Battling spotty command and some bad luck (and some bad outcomes of his own making) he's managed to at least keep the team in the game.

Some good luck for the O's, too, but not quite enough ability to take advantage of it.

Yeah. Still time for us to get some sorely needed runs

He needs to mix an offspeed pitch in there more often to me. In the first inning everything was hard with no command.

I posted his hittrackeronline.com stats in a thread on the main page. His opposite field HRs have all but disappeared since joining the O's. It tells me his approach has changed somewhat from his Dback days. He's become very pull happy as an Oriole.

Just to confirm: That's true of last year too? (B/c if it is it still doesn't explain the fall-off this year, unless the pitchers have learned to take advantage of it.)

He needs to mix an offspeed pitch in there more often to me. In the first inning everything was hard with no command.

If he uses his change-up more, I'd be content with his current mix of pitches. So, yeah, I agree. But it's a feel pitch, and he doesn't have a ton of feel right now.

Archived