How much fun has this season been?

McNulty

I said before the year to my friends, we weren't going to be nearly as bad as everyone expected us to be. The called me crazy.

I was in the Hamptons on a Friday night when we were in Boston(Chris Davis Series). We were going to the Saturday game at Fenway and I told my friends in a bar that we were finshing at least 3rd this year. They called me a crazy drunk.

Keep calling me crazy. You have to be a bit crazy to still be a die hard O's fan over the past decade anyways.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The key for me is 'never too high, never too low'. It is easy to get high on the O's after they take 4 of 6 on the road from TB and NYY, then come home and win the first two vs Seattle at home, with a crazy extra inning win included. However, then the O's lose a few and it feels like reality (whatever it may be) is settling back in.

I think that is why this season has been fun for me. Not knowing what the Oriole's reality truly is and all of us waiting for the reality to become negative, but the O's winning keeps it positive. It will take a few quality above .500 seasons in a row to change the culture of waiting for something bad to happen, but I am glad we can all enjoy this season for what it is: a young team going through ups and downs that is extremely exciting and finds a way to win.

Just thought it would be a good idea to hear about how people are enjoying this season.

Lotsa fun. Going to the game tonight which will be my 6th...many more than I have gone to in the past.

I love that there's a Ravens game tomorrow and I don't give a $#@%. I usually treat preseason games like something more to spite the Orioles losing season.

In the past when the team has gotten down by a few runs I have turned the game off in protest...not this year. I always expect them to come back and they usually do.

Last night when we came back and then Hardy hit the blast to tie it, I literally sat there in bed giggling. Just giggling. I am SO giddy about this team and this season. Its been so much fun! I'm honestly starting to get concerned about how I'm gonna fit the O's into my Football Sundays in September (and dare I say it, October).

To put it simply, this is how much fun this season has been....

Orioles+Celebration.jpg

It really is starting to feel like '89. Castoffs and guys you never heard of before just getting it done somehow. Winning games they're not supposed to. Looking pitiful for stretches then, just when you're ready to give up on them, coming back. I'm just going to enjoy. Even if it falls apart tomorrow 2/3 of a great season is about 2/3 more than we usually get.

I've been trying to temper my overall enthusiasm for the season because this team seems so unlikely to keep up the pace - so I am just enjoying the ride one day at a time.

Our team competes - every night. I understand all teams are competing, but our margin of victory/margin for error is so little that we are battling every night - as there have been so few easy wins.

I didn't appreciate the '96 and '97 seasons enough when they happened. Was in middle school. This is the most fun season I can remember. Never been so proud to wear my Orioles gear around.

I'm right there with you. I think I was a freshman or sophomore in high school. Just took it for granted and thought we would be in the playoffs every year. All the losing makes you appreciate this season so much more. I hope people really grasp a hold of that.

I haven't been the type to worry about Pyth records and stats and where we should be or why we are here. I have never been able to watch the Orioles win, so all I'm doing is sitting on my couch every night enjoying this season. And whatever happens, happens.

Archived