How much fun has this season been?

McNulty

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just thought it would be a good idea to hear about how people are enjoying this season.

I only enjoy pooping on other people's hopes and dreams with dry, academic statistical information. So, it's been great so far.

In truth, it's been a dynamite, infuriating, thrilling, anxiety-inducing season. In other words, in many ways, the best example of the awesomeness of baseball imaginable.

It has taken years off of my life, but I forgot how fun baseball can be. I am trying to not get too emotionally invested, but after games like last night, it is hard not to. This bunch never gives up, and I have watched so much more this year because games that would have been over through the last 14 years are not over this year. I have always watched every game I can, but I am not changing the channel as easily.

Football season is going to come out of nowhere for me in a few weeks. It is an afterthought to me right now, where for a long time, I anxiously awaited the football season in about June. Not this year.

Guest rochester

It's getting so bad that I had no problem going to be around the 13th I went to bed because I assumed they would win. It was late, I was tired and figured I could watch the highlights. :)

Winning >>> losing. It has been a great season so far, the most fun in years. I just hope it stays that way. If there is a gradual fade, I will still consider this to have been a very fun season. A total crash and burn, such as we have seen several times, would be a bitter pill to swallow after 110 games of highly competitive baseball.

I was at the Oakland game where we came back and blew it. Sitting in left field, HRs were flying everywhere. Cespedes made two of the sickest throws from left I could imagine and I had a perfect view. Neither ever went higher than the 3B's head, but each had plenty of juice to get to home plate. (As an aside, there was some talk that Chavez could have caught the hit down the line in the 9th. No way. He slightly stumbled but he had absolutely no chance to make that play.)

That was one of the best games I've ever been to. We were literally making noise during the Davis AB (where he got a single to left to give us the lead, but Thome was thrown out) like you would when the Ravens D is on the field. Instead of the lame and forced "Let's go O's!", were were just yelling "Oooooooooooooooooooooooooo..." until the pitch would come.

I've been a debbie downer most of this year to be honest, but I give this ragtag bunch a lot of credit. They're not letting anyone tell them how good they can be. That's damn fun to watch. I actually got out of bed to watch the last few innings last night because I was disturbing my wife.

Good times all around.

Archived