How much fun has this season been?

McNulty

It's been great, but I will be absolutely heartbroken if this thing takes a nosedive in the last month and a half. I can't help it anymore. I've gone from being a Scrooge to borderline Silent James/Jim Hunter homer.

It's been a hell of a roller-coaster, that's for sure. But this team is extremely likable. I like the players, Love Buck...love the extra inning dramatics. It's been a really memorable season...memorable for the right reasons.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been pretty remarkable. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. Not from a "doom-and-gloom" standpoint because that's not me, just more from a "I have no idea how they keep doing this" standpoint.

But I will say, last night I turned the radio on for the first time and hear we were down 5-0, and I wasn't really all that worried. I'm not saying I thought for sure we would come back, but I wasn't assuming a loss like I would have in recent years.

I started off the season as cynical as anyone else, but now that we are in August, it really feels like we are playing with house money. Yes, I will be disappointed if we fall apart and don't make the playoffs, but the fact that its August, and the O's are a very viable team is something coming into the season, I wouldn't have expected. I hear all the skeptics predicting that there's no way we can make it to the playoffs and that our run differential is way to skewed, but these were the same people at the beginning of the year who picked us to be dead last. I for one enjoy this scrappy team. Regardless if we are winning or losing by 5, I still feel we've got a chance. Given the pain and suffering of the past 14 years, I find it to be a nice change of scenery and cant wait to see what the next couple of months brings.

I gotta say I agree with the people who took 97 for granted. I was also in middle school and we had been good the year before so I didn't put much thought to us winning.

If I had known then that we'd be horrible for 15 straight years, I might've tried to enjoy that season a little more. As it stands, I'm loving this season but part of me is still a little worried that at any chance the shoe is going to drop and we're going to experience another 4-32.

I love my birds though. And I'll enjoy this as long as I can.

Every time the Birds go into extra innings (or as Michele calls it, "overtime"; she also calls the catcher "Li'l Matt Wieters" and the center fielder "that nice Adam Jones"), I warm up the defibrillator. Fortunately, I haven't had to use it 85.7% of the time.

I'm having a blast, thank you very much.

Im 21 years old so the last time the Orioles had a winning season I was 7 years old and Ive had MLBTV since it came out and havent missed a single game this year and only missed 4 last year. Its been tough before this year and Ive gotta say, theres nothing better than getting to watch my team win! LOVE IT!!!!!

Archived