O's are dealing with a "physical issue" on team that could lead to DL move

Greg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Remember Tillman's jammed finger from his last start where he damaged his nail pretty bad on his right index finger? Maybe he threw a BP session and something wasn't feeling right.

It's amazing that we can come up with legitimate potential injuries for so many guys on the team just based on what we have seen in the last week. Chen's line drive, ball off Hunter's hand, TIllman's jammed finger, O'Day's not pitching in a while, etc.

It's like Murder on the Orient Express, where they all had a motive.

Hmmm, maybe we're putting our entire staff on the DL? (Sorry for the 70 year old spoiler in case you haven't read any Agatha Christie).

From Roch:

Roch Kubatko

Apparently, LHP Troy Patton is the #orioles pitcher expected to go on DL. Apparently rolled his ankle.

Ugh. Not good. Makes sense now that we got JC. But JC walks the planet. Patton's BB/9? 2.0 (for his career). JC Romero's the last 4 years? 6.3.

From Roch:

Ugh. Not good. Makes sense now that we got JC. But JC walks the planet. Patton's BB/9? 2.0 (for his career). JC Romero's the last 4 years? 6.3.

With RP it's always what have you done for me lately. How are his numbers this season?

With RP it's always what have you done for me lately. How are his numbers this season?

In MLB: 8 IP, 10.13 ERA, 2.000 WHIP, 950 OPS against lefties. ;)

As for in the minors? Well, if minor league numbers translated, Miguel Socolovich might have had some respectable outings.

Would it be a terrible idea for Patton to get a spot start the next time we encounter a need for it? The guy has been phenomenal this year.

And he's been a starter in the past.

Patton isn't stretched out for even a spot start. Yes he started more than a season ago, but he was ineffective in AAA. At most, I think Patton could give 3 innings and that would be stretching him thin. And it especially doesn't make sense when you can call up a starter from the minors.

Archived