Selig the Headhunter

olehippi

Sounds like the commish wants some blood to be shed. Should be interesting who will fall.
"Everyone involved in baseball over the past two decades — commissioners, club officials, the players' association and players — shares to some extent the responsibility for the Steroids Era," Mitchell said. "There was a collective failure to recognize the problem as it emerged and to deal with it early on

I wonder if big bad Bud will look in to himself and recommend some discipline?:rolleyes: Come to think of it he'd probably enjoy it.:D

"Everyone involved in baseball over the past two decades — commissioners, club officials, the players' association and players — shares to some extent the responsibility for the Steroids Era," Mitchell said. "There was a collective failure to recognize the problem as it emerged and to deal with it early on

I wonder if big bad Bud will look in to himself and recommend some discipline?:rolleyes: Come to think of it he'd probably enjoy it.:D

I suggest that we notice who he didn't mention in his list of who's culpable: the owners. He mentioned everybody but them. He says that even he is guilty. But he carefully left the owners off the list and put it all on the "club officials". They want the GM's to take 100% of the hit for MLB's side of this, not the owners.

I agree that this *should* be about fixing things and moving forward, and I used to just kinda assume that it would be. But I no longer expect it. The way MLB has gone about this, it looks to me like what they're really after is war on the players and the union. Mitchell recommended that we all move on to solutions, but I'll betcha anything that the Budster blows him off now that he's got what he wants from him. I bet Selig hands out some discipline to carefully selected parties. I think this is gonna be used by the owners to declare war via Bud acting surprisingly authoritarian in "restoring the honor of the game". I think they're gonna try to use the Mitchell Report the same way some folks used 9/11, that's what I think.

Selig probably hurt his thumb when he was slamming the table demanding for heads to roll. The guy is a goof and can't get out of his own way. If he can't think of a way to keep the All Star Game from ending in a tie then I doubt he'll come up with any real way to prevent this stuff from happening in the future. Once the floodlights shine in another direction the prisoners will sneak back out into the prison yard at night again. It's going to happen. We as fans just have to come to accept that it does happen or else we won't be able to continue rooting for these players. I've accepted it's happened for years. I wish it didn't, but what can I do? To stop following baseball would hurt me more than it would hurt basball.

Archived