Mitchell Report circus has past, Now lets Move on

Peace21

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you think comments like these provide any insight into whether he is likely to be move in another deal or not?

"We are going to lose offense at short, there's no question about that. But we think we're going to pick up offense in left field when Scott goes out there, at the very least against right-handed pitching,'' MacPhail said. "We think Luke is one of the undervalued assets.''

I don't think its terrible likely they move him, but its what I would be looking to do. I do think its an option MacPhail will explore though. He seems like a "no stone unturned" kinda guy.

Could this be in relation to all the bullpen guys we are grabbing? Maybe we are dealing Walker and Bradford?

I hope so....

The team that always needs bullpen help is the Reds. The only way I could see us grabbing Bruce is by sending Bedard with Bradford and/or Cherry/Aquino/some other reliever.

Small moves help make big moves.

Would the small move perhaps be picking up Aquino, in order to trade another bullpen arm along with Bedard? Maybe Bedard and Walker/Bradford for Bruce, Bailey, Votto? The Reds bullpen is not great outside of Cordero, Weathers and Burton. Granted, that's 3 solid bullpen guys, but bullpens could always become more secure and maybe we had to include something else for them to give up Bruce?

Archived