Mitchell Report circus has past, Now lets Move on

Peace21

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would love to get back to the trade talk, but since this baby has been derailed, I'll go with By the Docks for best crabcake around.

I would also love to get back to that, but we have another thread going now where bigbird says Roberts is staying and Peace says Roberts is still going after the dust settles. So I don't know, maybe we should let them duke it out.

Im hearing Hendry wants him badly still. But again, lets wait a week. It would look odd if they traded Roberts today or this weekend, after yesterday's events.

To be honest, I really don't think it would. But maybe thats just wishful thinking. I think they definitely have to trade Bedard first though, regardless of whether they can move Roberts now.

Im hearing Hendry wants him badly still. But again, lets wait a week. It would look odd if they traded Roberts today or this weekend, after yesterday's events.

My guess is Hendry was the NL exec that made those comments about Roberts' trade value...

I am not sure it would any stranger than the Stros trading for Tejada the day before.

However, if we have to wait a week for it to die down some, then that's ok.

We have plenty of Cubs fans on here right now....I haven't gotten the impression from any of them that they would have any backlash towards the Cubs organization if they traded for BRob.

I am not sure it would any stranger than the Stros trading for Tejada the day before.

However, if we have to wait a week for it to die down some, then that's ok.

We have plenty of Cubs fans on here right now....I haven't gotten the impression from any of them that they would have any backlash towards the Cubs organization if they traded for BRob.

IMO, if KC will give Jose Guillen a 3 year deal KNOWING he was gonna start the year on a 50 game suspension, then there is nothing in this report that will keep Roberts or anyone else from being looked down upon by anyone in the sport. The fans and media are the ones making a big deal over this, NOT the people inside of baseball.

Archived