Mitchell Report circus has past, Now lets Move on

Peace21

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How so? We're adding bullpen guys to the 40 man, not subtracting them (other than Doyne).

I think he means with our reliever depth, we can trade our more expensive ones like Walker and Bradford or maybe some of our prospects such as Liz or Hoey to other teams as add-ons in other deals, thereby cutting down the roster. We don't need Walker and Bradford next year because we aren't competing for anything.

I think he means with our reliever depth, we can trade our more expensive ones like Walker and Bradford or maybe some of our prospects such as Liz or Hoey to other teams in other deals, thereby cutting down the roster.

That makes sense. I'm just a little hesitant to trade our proven middle relievers given the fact that we're already minus a closer and RH setup guy this year. There could be either a lot of surprises or a lot of headaches in the late innings of games this year.

Just a shot in the dark - one of those Cubbie posts said the inside dirt was they were closing in on an AL starting pitcher.

I am wondering if the Cubs trade could have been Super Sized - Bedard&Roberts for Gallagher, Marquis, Pie/Murton and one more - Patterson?

I don't know, I think Bedard and Roberts should return 7 guys and several of them should be the "major league ready" young guys with HUGE upsides - also I'd like to see some position players come our way.

Throw in Payton and we are looking better.

(Question: If Payton is in Left and a batter gets a double or triple, shouldn't it actually be called Defensive Indifference?)

That makes sense. I'm just a little hesitant to trade our proven middle relievers given the fact that we're already minus a closer and RH setup guy this year. There could be either a lot of surprises or a lot of headaches in the late innings of games this year.

We aren't competing for anything so if we blow games it's no big deal. Next year is going to be a 100 loss team most likely. I don't think the bullpen can be any worse than it was last year. The goal is to get cheap relief talent out of a bunch of arms. We are stockpiling enough so Bradford and Walker are expendable.

We aren't competing for anything so if we blow games it's no big deal. Next year is going to be a 100 loss team most likely. I don't think the bullpen can be any worse than it was last year. The goal is to get cheap relief talent out of a bunch of arms. We are stockpiling enough so Bradford and Walker are expendable.

Let me be the first to say it...

WHY NOT? in 2008!!!

Just a shot in the dark - one of those Cubbie posts said the inside dirt was they were closing in on an AL starting pitcher.

I am wondering if the Cubs trade could have been Super Sized - Bedard&Roberts for Gallagher, Marquis, Pie/Murton and one more - Patterson?

I don't know, I think Bedard and Roberts should return 7 guys and several of them should be the "major league ready" young guys with HUGE upsides - also I'd like to see some position players come our way.

Throw in Payton and we are looking better.

(Question: If Payton is in Left and a batter gets a double or triple, shouldn't it actually be called Defensive Indifference?)

That would be a terrible deal. Especially having to take Marquis back.

Wow, KC got Callaspo...Great move for them.

Certainly could see him being moved in a potential Bedard deal.

Yeah, that seems to have "small moves help make big moves" written all over it.

I'd still rather deal with Cincinnati than with Kansas City, however. Even without Jay Bruce included.

good one...

Archived