vs. RANGERS 8/22

OFFNY

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good news is that neither Hunter or Gregg will be with the team next season. And Hunter might not be with the team past tomorrow... It's true the Rangers mash on our guys, but I'd like to put up 5 more runs tonight just to have something in their ear for next year...

I would hope this is the last we see of Tommy Hunter. Much like Gregg of last year, his complete ineptitude is somewhat obscured by the occasional good performance. I could care less if we have to cut him completely or simply demote him but he needs to be gone for the rest of the year.

I'm gonna quote this one again. If this is really what the deal was tonight, no one should be surprised that Tommy got blown up in the 4th.

And, contrary to popular opinion at the moment, I'm personally not ready to bury Tommy just yet. This year's history shows that almost every guy we've thrown up our hands on has come back when needed badly, and contributed.

Problem is, he's not a starter. He has a FB with little to no movement and a CB which isn't very good. The cutter he throws less and less and he has no change. His lack of variety is a one way ticket to the bullpen where maybe he can come out with a higher velocity for one or two innings.

Archived