Our 14 Year Losing Streak Is Officially OVER!!

TonySoprano

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My twin daughters were born in 2000. They have never seen even a .500 record from the O's. Until this year, they always asked me why I still liked the team.

Just wait till they see what a maniac I am in a pennant race and playoff series.

My kids are the same way. I have 2 that are older and used to go when we lived up north and had season tickets. Now my 3 youngest are always like why do you root for them. I tell them all the time, "They won all the time as a kid." I just told Brooks my son, "Yes you finally get to see a winning team." My oldest daughter is engaged to a MFY fan, she did not listen as a kid. I told her not to bring a MFY fan home.

Oh my!!!!

Many fans have never known the joy of a non losing season. I am 49 and remember the good times. I got married in 97, used to have a 13 game package for the 6 of us. Took the family to NY for what would have been Cal's last game, and to Cooperstown for the HOF. My kids all play baseball or softball. Their numbers are 22, 8, 5, and 4. However, until today, not once in their lifetime have the O's not had a losing season.

To them and all of you who have stuck through I say congrats. To the current O's I say thank you. Now let's put the Damn Yankees away!!!

Mazel Tov to them! Just before Rosh Hashanah.

Meanwhile, the Pirates, who were what, 17 games over .500 at one point, are down to two over, as they try to avoid their 20th straight losing season.

I dont know about other fans............and I know Pittsburgh stole two of our World Series in the 70's. But nobody deserves 20 losing seasons in a row. I hope they can hang on and break the losing also. They are a good baseball town also and have a beautiful stadium. And I know how their fans feel.

I didn't get to see the end of the game live because I had to take my wife to a work event, which took even longer than I thought. I had the game on the radio, and my celebration was limited to a subdued fist pump and "Yes!", as I was helping take stuff out of the car, and people passed by on the sidewalk.

I want to echo a sentiment Frobby posted that this is awesome for the younger fans that have never seen a winner. It's about time you were exposed to Orioles Magic. This season has brought back many memories of the 70's and 80's at Memorial Stadium. But I think this team is my all time favorite Oriole team. Worst to First is always a great story.

Now let's win the AL East!

Amazing. I truly believed this losing streak would go 20 years.

Just ecstatic right now and so happy to be an Oriole fan. A Yankee or Red Sox fan could NEVER understand what this feels like.

Really, all I ever wanted was meaningful baseball at the end of the season and the O's have given me that this year. Anything more is icing on the cake (though I am starting to get greedier).

There was no hope. And now there is. It's awesome.

Archived