Tomorrow's playoff ticket presale

ADZ23

I had a 13 game plan coming into the season. So I had a postseason ticket package that included division series game 2, champ series home game 5, and world series game 5 off the bat.

Today I could buy additional tickets like everyone else to the WC and division series, so I got the WC and home game 3 :)

We all had 13 game plans. The e-mail I got as a 13 ticket plan says "YOUR 2012 WILD CARD AND AL DIVISION SERIES TICKET PRESALE OPPORTUNITY STARTS TODAY AT 10 A.M.". Something seems fishy.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm happy for everyone that got tickets, but I think the O's are going to quickly regret allowing current season ticket holders to purchase extra tickets. I'm sure they were worried they wouldn't sell out. Now I bet they're worried about not having anything left for the regular people.

I'm not so sure they'll regret selling out playoff games to their most loyal customers. The fewer tickets in the hands of scalpers, the better, if you ask me.

I'm not so sure they'll regret selling out playoff games to their most loyal customers. The fewer tickets in the hands of scalpers, the better, if you ask me.

It will be interesting what tickets are left tonight but if they are all sold why would you have a "pre sale" lottery???

We all had 13 game plans. The e-mail I got as a 13 ticket plan says "YOUR 2012 WILD CARD AND AL DIVISION SERIES TICKET PRESALE OPPORTUNITY STARTS TODAY AT 10 A.M.". Something seems fishy.[/quote

My friend is a 29-game holder and he got the "silver" package for postseason (Wild Card game, ALDS home gm1, ALCS home gm1, World Series game 3). There is a grouping of tickets that was "Bronze #1" that 13-game holders got which included ALDS home gm1, ALCS home gm3, and World Series game 5), so this guy is not fooling you

We all had 13 game plans. The e-mail I got as a 13 ticket plan says "YOUR 2012 WILD CARD AND AL DIVISION SERIES TICKET PRESALE OPPORTUNITY STARTS TODAY AT 10 A.M.". Something seems fishy.

I didn't mean to cause an uproar here. Lol.

I got my postseason ticket invoice like over a month ago for the "bronze I" package which included the one CS and WS game............................. I was just excitedly posting all the potential tickets I've scrounged up for myself..........................

Eutaw you might be onto something

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/bal/ticketing/sth_postseason_fact_sheet.jsp

Unless I am reading this wrong. 13 game season ticket holders also have tickets to the following games?

Is this how it works. So I bought tickets to games I already have tickets to?

I'll buy them from you if you don't want them

Eutaw you might be onto something

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/bal/ticketing/sth_postseason_fact_sheet.jsp

Unless I am reading this wrong. 13 game season ticket holders also have tickets to the following games?

Is this how it works. So I bought tickets to games I already have tickets to?

You should know if you already have tickets, because you would have needed to pay off your invoice in your Orioles account.

You should know if you already have tickets, because you would have needed to pay off your invoice in your Orioles account.

Yeah, my ticket guy called me a few weeks ago and told me I had to use the rest of my credit in order to do so. He never told me I actually had these tickets. I am confused.

It will be interesting what tickets are left tonight but if they are all sold why would you have a "pre sale" lottery???

My guess is that it's to ensure a fairer distribution of tickets to the most fans possible. The pre-sale lottery, as I understand it, allows many people to get a few tickets each (who are likely to actually attend), instead of just allowing the flood gates to open on Saturday, where the brokers are sure to gobble them up en masse to make a 3x profit.

I'm happy for everyone that got tickets, but I think the O's are going to quickly regret allowing current season ticket holders to purchase extra tickets. I'm sure they were worried they wouldn't sell out. Now I bet they're worried about not having anything left for the regular people.

I've got to disagree with you here. Why would they regret allowing the customers that stuck with this team and supported it the most from having the best access to playoff tickets? If I was the Orioles, I don't know if I'd be particularly concerned that all the people that haven't ponied up the cash in the past get good access to tickets. It's just good business to reward the most loyal customers when demand is high.

So stoked. I just shelled out about $1,100 for four tickets to each of the four games. Really hoping to win the division to guarantee the ALDS, and assuming we finish with the #2 record after TX, we'd play Chicago or Detroit in ALDS with home field advantage. However this year, that advantage isn't as good as it's good for games 3-5 whereas 1-2 are at the lower seeded team. So there's no guarantee to even get one game at home whereas in previous years, home field advantage meant guaranteed two games and having game five at home.

Oh and the tickets seemed to be okay with regards to availability when I ordered about an hour ago. Like others I was able to select my seats for game 3 of ALDS but the others was given the best available.

I got Section 61 for WC, 60 for Game 1, 352 for Game 2, and 23 & 49 for Game 3.

Archived