Tomorrow's playoff ticket presale

ADZ23

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really do think they're holding some back. How many season ticket holders could there be, 10,000? How many people put down a deposit for next year, maybe 1,000? That's what my rep estimated. I just feel like there's no way 11,000 people somehow bought up 46,000 seats to 4 games. Maybe I'm wrong.

I really do think they're holding some back. How many season ticket holders could there be, 10,000? How many people put down a deposit for next year, maybe 1,000? That's what my rep estimated. I just feel like there's no way 11,000 people somehow bought up 46,000 seats to 4 games. Maybe I'm wrong.

Remember, each season ticket ACCOUNT only has 1 password. So its NOT 11,000 passwords out there. Its not "11,000 people". Probably more likely 4,000 to 5,000 account holders/passwords.

We can make some assumptions of what number range of season/mini-plan account holders there are. Think about some of the games of small crowds of 10,000 to 11,000 seats sold. From that alone we can figure out that there are no more than 11,000 TOTAL seats on full-season tickets. (Assuming that they are all full-seasons (which they're not, because there are mini-plans in there too, as well as some individual tickets, but probably not many individual sales on a bad weeknight). BUT that's NOT 11,000 account holders because each season ticket holder has 2, 3, 4 seats, some have more, some might be just a single tickets. Therefore, assume that the average number of tickets on an account is some average between 2 and 4. So say 3 for example. 11,000 tickets sold/3 = 3,666 accounts = that many passwords

I'm happy for everyone that got tickets, but I think the O's are going to quickly regret allowing current season ticket holders to purchase extra tickets. I'm sure they were worried they wouldn't sell out. Now I bet they're worried about not having anything left for the regular people.

The season ticket holders are their bread and butter. And, my guess is there are a lot of people like me, who are part of a group that shares season tickets. If we only were allocated the same number of tickets we had during the season, many members of the group would get no tickets at all.

Archived