Tomorrow's playoff ticket presale

ADZ23

Wondering if you guys think it will require an especially quick trigger finger to buy the tickets...

I plan to logon @ the 2pm time they start selling, but in the meantime I'm also trying to soak up info on how I can beat everyone else to the punch - any tips? :laughlol:

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wondering if you guys think it will require an especially quick trigger finger to buy the tickets...

I plan to logon @ the 2pm time they start selling, but in the meantime I'm also trying to soak up info on how I can beat everyone else to the punch - any tips? :laughlol:

I don't think you should have much trouble since you're ahead of the general public. Not exactly sure though.

I talked to my rep for a little bit today. I live in charlottesville, va so the folks I can talk orioles to are few and far between. I'm sure I yakked his ear off. Anyways, he said should be no problem securing tickets, they probably won't sell out presale but the earlier you buy, the better the seats (obviously). I already told my employees my door will be shut from 1:55 to 2:30 and they better not bother me. Good luck!

Yeah I got that email.

Still wondering if this will be a frantic last second ebay type deal, with single scalpers buying everything up.

Are you a season ticket holder? What did the email look like? I registered to enter the playoff ticket lottery but have heard nothing back. From what I am reading on Orioles.com, they won't announce who won the lottery and is eligible to buy tickets until 11:59 p.m. tomorrow.

Are you a season ticket holder? What did the email look like?

I deposited $500 or whatever it was for 2 seats the other day, planning to attend 13 games.

Email said the following :

"Dear 2013 Season Plan Holder,

Thank you for placing your 2013 Orioles Season Plan Deposit. As a valued new Plan Holder, we want to extend the opportunity to purchase up to FOUR (4) SEATS PER GAME for each potential Wild Card and Division Series game. This online only sale will start Thursday, September 20 at 2 p.m. ET. Your purchase opportunity will end Friday, September 21 at 11:59 p.m. ET, or until tickets are no longer available.

Please visit the link below to purchase tickets at your designated start time using your unique password. "

29 game plan holder presage started today. I was able to get tickets for the games not in my playoff package.

System was really easy, it showed each section and when you clicked on a section, it showed a map of all seats and if they were available or not.

Indeed.

It was quite seamless and simple, thus explaining the gaping hole in my wallet.

I was a little irked that we were charged full Ticketmaster rates (plus fees!), and not the 29-game plan discounted prices we got in the Silver postseason package.

There are tons of tickets left. It shouldn't require any fastest finger trickery tomorrow, but I wouldn't put it off all day either.

Good luck, everyone.

Not to hijack the thread, but what do you guys think the markup will be on StubHub? With my work schedule and having a 4 month old I can't commit to buying tickets not knowing the exact dates, so my plan is to go the StubHub or ebay route.

Not to hijack the thread, but what do you guys think the markup will be on StubHub? With my work schedule and having a 4 month old I can't commit to buying tickets not knowing the exact dates, so my plan is to go the StubHub or ebay route.

Two to four times face value is what I would expect.

I put a deposit down and can buy 4 tickets per game starting tomorrow at 2 as well. I was starting to sweat the email I was supposed to get, ostensibly Monday, then yesterday, then today. My poor ticket rep, I know it's not his fault. These people are literally overwhelmed - I'm sure they're understaffed and have no experience selling playoff tickets. Anyway, I finally got my email around 6 p.m. I'm probably only going to buy tickets to one game at this point.

Thanks for the insights, everyone!

Archived