Tomorrow's playoff ticket presale

ADZ23

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doesn't make sense...the lottery presales would have to be before the general public on staurday....must be tonight. The orioles could have communicated this much better

So yeah tonight/tomorrow would make sense, that would be before the general pub

You should still try to get tickets on Saturday. If you can't make the game that you got tickets for, then turn around and sell them yourself on stubhub.

I have not read through the whole thread yet but instead of scalping them on stubhub (and selling to a possible fan of the other team), you should sell them on here for face to a known O's fan. It's the right thing to do.

There is already not many left?! I am in the 2PM group, and was hoping there was decent picking at least right at 2PM.

Is it slim pickings only in certain areas, with more available in more expensive seats? Or slim everywhere?

Yeah, it'd be nice to get a general idea of what's left so I know what sections to bother clicking on @ 2pm.

Had a conference call started with the 4 other plan holders in my group to coordinate buying in the same section. We were able to get what we wanted for the most part ($50 tix in 80-84), but the bleachers looked essentially gone and most of the lower bowl was also gone by the time 10:30 rolled around.

Had a conference call started with the 4 other plan holders in my group to coordinate buying in the same section. We were able to get what we wanted for the most part ($50 tix in 80-84), but the bleachers looked essentially gone and most of the lower bowl was also gone by the time 10:30 rolled around.

for all of the games?

I have no way of knowing if this is true, but I think it's possible that they're not making all of the seats available at the same time. How can they have a pre-sale to the lottery winners tomorrow, then a public sale on Saturday, if they're basically sold out by 2 p.m. today? That would be a PR nightmare. The O's don't need any more of those. They don't want to squander what goodwill this season has earned them.

I have no way of knowing if this is true, but I think it's possible that they're not making all of the seats available at the same time. How can they have a pre-sale to the lottery winners tomorrow, then a public sale on Saturday, if they're basically sold out by 2 p.m. today? That would be a PR nightmare. The O's don't need any more of those. They don't want to squander what goodwill this season has earned them.

I agree. It would be quite ridiculous if they sold out by 2 pm today after announcing a public sale on Saturday. The season ticket holders most certainly should have first shot at the tickets but that would mean someone in the warehouse vastly underestimated the demand for these tickets.

I agree. It would be quite ridiculous if they sold out by 2 pm today after announcing a public sale on Saturday. The season ticket holders most certainly should have first shot at the tickets but that would mean someone in the warehouse vastly underestimated the demand for these tickets.

Yep. There must be some kind of algorithm that tells them approximately how many of these seats will be purchased by season ticket holders if they allow them to buy x number of tickets per game. They simply have to have some left for the general public after these pre-sales. I talked to my ticket rep the other day and I said, "How many people do you have left in your office who were there in '97?" He said one or two. He said it's crazy in there and that they're very understaffed, and that MLB is helping them. MLB must have given them parameters with which to work.

This was posted on the post-season page that was linked from my e-mail.

Important Information:

Postseason

It is advised that you purchase your tickets as quickly as possible for the best seating locations. Being eligible for this presale opportunity does not guarantee that you will be able to purchase tickets. Tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis and this sale may end early if tickets become unavailable.

You may purchase a maximum of Four (4) Tickets to each potential American League Wild Card and Division Series game that may potentially be played at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. NOTE THAT EACH EVENT YOU WISH TO PURCHASE REQUIRES A SEPARATE TRANSACTION USING THE PASSWORD YOU RECEIVED VIA EMAIL.

Persons who exceed the ticket limit may have any or all of their orders and tickets cancelled without notice. This includes multiple orders associated with the same name, e-mail address, billing address, credit card number, or other information. The Baltimore Orioles reserve the right to void any transactions in which the established policies are not followed.

Your password has been provided to you in an e-mail. If you do not receive your password, please call (888) 848-BIRD or phone your Personal Account Representative directly.

This is an online opportunity only. 2012 American League Wild Card and Division Series tickets are not available for purchase by phone or in person at the Orioles box office windows. All Postseason purchases are final. No exchanges or relocations are permitted.

Unplayed game refund information: Tickets marked "PHONE/WEB" on the front of the ticket will automatically be refunded. The credit card account holder of record will be credited for the face value of the ticket and the per ticket convenience fee. Per order processing, shipping and handling fees are non-refundable. These tickets SHOULD NOT be returned and have no cash value.

To complete a transaction during this presale, you will be required to either create a new Ticketmaster account or login using your "My Ticketmaster" account. We recommend that you have a Ticketmaster account and Ticketmaster password before you attempt to purchase tickets during the presale. If you already have a "My Ticketmaster" account, please use your existing "My Ticketmaster" account and associated email address and password to login. If you are not sure of your "My Ticketmaster" account login and password, please follow the Ticketmaster online instructions for "Forgot Password."

Verify your "My Ticketmaster" account

Please be advised that your "My Ticketmaster" account is different from your Orioles Season Plan "Account Manager" account. Your "My Ticketmaster" password is also different from the password that you received via email to participate in the Pre-On-Sale and your password to login to your Orioles Season Plan "Account Manager" account.

DELAYED DELIVERY: Tickets purchased as part of this presale will not be mailed if selecting Standard Mail Delivery or emailed if selecting Print-at-home TicketFast delivery until Monday, September 24, 2012.

Archived