Do we want Oakland to win tonight?

ChuckS

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Win our next 2, and hope Texas can take one from the A's. Or even better...the Yanks can lose 1 or 2.

Yeah, Hope on finishing ahead on Oakland. I don't think Boston will help us one iota (now) for the division. Not for lack of "want to"... just because they really suck.

Sucks, because Nova is Nolonger starting for the Jankees tomorrow. It's going to be David Phelps.

On the plus side, Phelps is a righty. Hoping Pedroia and Ellsbury will be in the lineup along with Salty since he crushes righties compared to lefties.

Maybe the Red Sox can eek one out. Now, we need to just WIN!

Come on, O's!!

So we win our next two then we are guaranteed a home playoff game no matter what happens in the Tex/Oak series, right?

(If so, lets beat them Rays!)

No. A's have the better head to head record against us. We would need an A's loss and us to win 2, or 2 A's losses and for us to win 1.

If the Rangers get swept and we win 2, we get a home playoff game also.

Intradivision at that point, so I think the Jankees get it.

Yes. Yanks 39-31 v East. +8

Oakland 31-24 v West. +7

Reason I wondered so much. IF we could win the division, reg season or on Thursday, OAK would come to NY Friday. Since both teams would be in close proximity, WE'd host a Saturday Playoff game. Assuming we have a better record than TEX. The possibilities are ENDLESS!

Archived