Scoreboard Watching Game Thread: 10/02

OFFNY

Sickening.... I still don't get it - how the **** does someone root for the yankees??? It's like rooting for someone to catch a fish in a barrel who holds a shotgun.

money, money, money- you know what- it's ruined baseball... to a certain extent

Seriously. Outside of Jeter (and even that is questionable) I don't get how anyone on that team is endearing to the fans. It would totally suck the fun out of baseball for me.

Just think though, Yankee fans will never ever know the joy of a season like we've had.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seriously. Outside of Jeter (and even that is questionable) I don't get how anyone on that team is endearing to the fans. It would totally suck the fun out of baseball for me.

Just think though, Yankee fans will never ever know the joy of a season like we've had.

I like Rivera. But other than that, it's hard to like any of those guys. And no of course they will never know a season like ours. For Yankee fans, it's a disappointing year if they make the WS and lose even though fans of other teams would kill for that.

This is actually a great point. I'll try to remember it whenever I feel resentment or envy toward teams like the Y's.

Guess we could expect the soulless Red Sox to hold onto a win. Andrew Bailey is a loser so he fits right in with the Red Sox. The Sox got us back by just giving in. That's alright though, we imploded their sorry sack of a franchise and we'll win our one game wild card and take on the next team anyways!

This is a fanbase who couldn't even fill the seats when Maris broke Ruth's record. God, I hate the Yankees so much.

And they also drove Maris half insane in his pursuit of the record that season, because they didn't want him to catch Ruth.

You know, that's the good honest truth. They have to expect to win afterall they outspend most teams by double the amount. They'll never enjoy that underdog season! Screw them and their fans.

I like Rivera. But other than that, it's hard to like any of those guys. And no of course they will never know a season like ours. For Yankee fans, it's a disappointing year if they make the WS and lose even though fans of other teams would kill for that.

Granderson, Gardner, and Rivera for me. I actively despise the rest of their team.

I am pulling for Oakland. I want them to win the division. Oakland has been a great story. The west coast version of us. Nobody gave them much credit, including me, and I was wrong. They recovered from those horrendous losses to New York and came back very strong. So I am definitely rooting for them to sweep the Rangers.

Give us Texas and we will kindly remove them from the playoffs for their lackluster effort over the last couple of months. That franchise will never recover from Game 6 of the World Series last year, and we can stick a fork in them on Friday.

I am pulling for Oakland. I want them to win the division. Oakland has been a great story. The west coast version of us. Nobody gave them much credit, including me, and I was wrong. They recovered from those horrendous losses to New York and came back very strong. So I am definitely rooting for them to sweep the Rangers.

Give us Texas and we will kindly remove them from the playoffs for their lackluster effort over the last couple of months. That franchise will never recover from Game 6 of the World Series last year, and we can stick a fork in them on Friday.

I think I am too at this point. Besides, one of my best friends is a Rangers fan and if we beat them, I want to be able to talk some trash. Still frustrated at the A's though for that 14th inning fiasco though.

Archived