Do you believe Brian's explanation?

Frobby

Do you beleive that Brian Roberts used steroids only once?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Do you beleive that Brian Roberts used steroids only once?

• Yes - he seems to have come clean and I belive him
    • No - he lied in the first place, and now I can't believe him

If BRob only tried it once and it resulted in his increased physique - I am also willing to try it once in conjunction with a rigorous workout regimen.

I want to believe Roberts - I just have a hard time believe shooting up once results in significant gains in body build and his 'spike' performance year.

:(

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Extremely poor wording on my part. Meant to say that most of the homers were doubles any other year.

It also makes sense when you think about his approach at the plate. He made a reputation for himself as a guy who would take a ton of pitches and really work the pitcher. So pitchers started grooving him first pitch fastballs to get strike 1, and he started putting those pitches over the fence. Eventually they stopped throwing him those pitches.

So I don't think steroids had anything to do with his April 2005.

I believe BRob. I wouldn't believe a lot of others.

My one criticism is that he should have said something publicly within 24 hours of the release of the report. I doubt if that will matter much, though.

The BRob/steroids story is history as far as I'm concerned.

I dont know Brian Roberts well. But I will say this if its worth anything. Ive seen him in the clubhouse and with his teammates and members of the media and kids. I think I know a phony when I see one.

HE IS NOT A PHONY.

Roberts,like Pettite is deeply religious, but a pretty solid citizen as far as I can see.He couldve copped to the charge alot earlier and be done with it. Thats my only gripe. He certainly was no Palmiero or Mcgwire. I hope Brian changes his mind and wants to resign with the O's. Then we shouldnt trade him. He is one hell of a baseball player. If he says he doesnt want to re-up. He should be dealt. But its too bad. He is the face of the Orioles IMO.

so was torquemada

If BRob only tried it once and it resulted in his increased physique - I am also willing to try it once in conjunction with a rigorous workout regimen.

I want to believe Roberts - I just have a hard time believe shooting up once results in significant gains in body build and his 'spike' performance year.

:(

This is the first time I've heard anyone mention Brian having a significantly and suddenly improved physique.

I believe him.

I don't think it's outrageous or even unusual for a guy to have made the decision to take steroids, then change his mind. I suspect that many players wrestle with the decision to cheat or stay clean. I can see a scenario in which Roberts takes steroids once then stops.

I believe him.

I don't think it's outrageous or even unusual for a guy to have made the decision to take steroids, then change his mind. I suspect that many players wrestle with the decision to cheat or stay clean. I can see a scenario in which Roberts takes steroids once then stops.

I think that "wrestling" often corresponds with the "cycling schedule" they are on...;)

Archived