Do you believe Brian's explanation?

Frobby

Do you beleive that Brian Roberts used steroids only once?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Do you beleive that Brian Roberts used steroids only once?

• Yes - he seems to have come clean and I belive him
    • No - he lied in the first place, and now I can't believe him

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't hold them to a higher standard either. However, many people do, and these athletes are role models for a lot of kids around the country. So to not care is essentially saying that you don't care about the kids who look up to these athletes, and want to be like them.

I was a huge Mark McGwire fan when I was a kid and I was intelligent enough to not take steroids, so I fail to see your correlation.

Whatever, I just don't get emotional about it. It is what it is. The guy made a mistake and admitted it. Fine. Move along.

I was a huge Mark McGwire fan when I was a kid and I was intelligent enough to not take steroids, so I fail to see your correlation.

Whatever, I just don't get emotional about it. It is what it is. The guy made a mistake and admitted it. Fine. Move along.

I'll one up you. I freakin' worshipped Hulk Hogan, but even I knew what "take your vitamins" really meant. I might have done some typical teen daubachery type drugs, but I never felt the need to get steroids. And I wrestled.

I believe him. Worst thing he could do is get caught in a lie in this environment. He could have sat back and waited for things to go away since he was the poster child by many in the media and fans of what was wrong with the Mitchell Report. I heard Bob Costas, Buster Olney and Scott Van Pelt state that they did not believe his name should have been included in the report. That said, telling a lie in this statement is the worst possible move Roberts could make. I think he's being honest. He made a mistake, he's human. Even with this admission, I still believe that people like Roberts is what baseball is all about.

Heaven's forbid the parents of these kids teach them why this is wrong.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Heaven forbid the amount of kids today that grow up in foster homes. The number of kids who grow up without a father or mother. I'm sorry that it's hard for you to believe that not every child is raised in a upscale neighborhood with upscale parents.

The fact is kids are easily swayed in their views and opinions. Brian Roberts is a role model for a lot of children, and one of the faces of the Orioles. To not care when a face of the organization sets a bad example for children is just irresponsible.

I agree that the Parents have the obligation to teach the kids right from wrong, but athletes who are rolemodels and do things like this don't make it easy on them.

I'll one up you. I freakin' worshipped Hulk Hogan, but even I knew what "take your vitamins" really meant. I might have done some typical teen daubachery type drugs, but I never felt the need to get steroids. And I wrestled.

Wow... how on Earth did you ever figure out that it was stupid to take steroids?

I've always been suspicious, but you really ARE superhuman Wedge.

I was not only a huge Keith Moon / John Bonham fan as a kid, I was a drummer in a band, and I never even shot heroin. I never even smoked pot!!! And I was a lacrosse player, too!!!

:eek:

Wow... how on Earth did you ever figure out that it was stupid to take steroids?

I've always been suspicious, but you really ARE superhuman Wedge.

I was not only a huge Keith Moon / John Bonham fan as a kid, I was a drummer in a band, and I never even shot heroin. I never even smoked pot!!! And I was a lacrosse player, too!!!

:eek:

I was a huge Metallica fan growing up, and I never turned in to an alcoholic cry baby.

Heaven forbid the amount of kids today that grow up in foster homes. The number of kids who grow up without a father or mother. I'm sorry that it's hard for you to believe that not every child is raised in a upscale neighborhood with upscale parents.

The fact is kids are easily swayed in their views and opinions. Brian Roberts is a role model for a lot of children, and one of the faces of the Orioles. To not care when a face of the organization sets a bad example for children is just irresponsible.

I agree that the Parents have the obligation to teach the kids right from wrong, but athletes who are rolemodels and do things like this don't make it easy on them.

And what about the fact that he came out, admitted it and said it was wrong?

The kids can follow that as well.

This stuff about the kids is just more bs to me.

If they try steroids, it will be because they choose to not because BROb did it.

I had to go with no because:

1) This only occurred after he was fingered.

and

2) I believe he is subject to penalty by MLB just as Gibbons was. Admitting ONE TIME use right after being fingered is exactly what someone trying to minimize any possible penalty would do.

and

3) Steroids supposedly promote faster healing from injury, and words like "amazing" were being tossed around to describe B-Rob being ready for Opening Day the other year after suffering that horrible injury in September.

And what about the fact that he came out, admitted it and said it was wrong?

The kids can follow that as well.

This stuff about the kids is just more bs to me.

If they try steroids, it will be because they choose to not because BROb did it.

But don't you think part of their reason for choosing to will be because favorite athletes have made the same choice?

Archived