Am I The Only One Sick of the "Seven Nation Army" song or whatever it is at sports games?

Orange_Crush

It's like Baltimore sports fans have fully adopted 7NA as their theme song and I think it's pretty cool. Especially when the stadiums don't even need to play the actual tune to get the chant going. It began at M&T - its zenith being Steelers Week 1 last season - and it has naturally migrated over to a now packed Camden Yards. I know a lot of other towns/teams do it, and they have likely been doing the chant longer than us, but there seems to be a little more swagger and fervor to the Bmore version. While it's getting a little played out, I'm all for anything that gets the crowd going (except for the wave, couldn't agree more there).

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's old, unoriginal, and over-done. It would be one thing if the O's or Ravens were the first teams to pick up on a current cool song, but the song is like 10 years old.

If they want to make it cool, get the White Stripes to perform it on the dug out during the 7th inning stretch. That would be awesome.

I love excited crowds... I love the unified energy... the building of emotion. They could could be singing We Built This City on Rock-N-Roll for all I care...

I dig the vibe of the Seven Army song and say keep it going. Rather than fight it, join it, and enjoy the moment!

7NA was getting the fans going last night, I don't know about other sections but mine was going nuts when it came on. I have no problem with it. It's better than the "charge" or other system prompted chants. The lets go O's chant when started by the fans is good but I hate when it takes the sound system to start that chant.

I like it and think it adds some energy. And ANYTHING is better than the ridiculous wave. Anytime I hear the crowd start to cheer over a wave and there's an important part of the game happening a little piece of me dies! You see people watching the wave and cheering it on instead of watching the game. I kind of get it if the game if boring or there's nothing going on, but I've seen some diiot get it started in a tie game in the 8th inning and I'm like, "WTF, really?"

I much rather listen to everyone chant the same thing to get the tam pumped up then some stupid wave.

I was proud last night. Some dopes in the section next to me were trying to get fans to start the wave, but fortunately, nobody cooperated. Because it's a PLAYOFF GAME, and there's no time for that nonsense. Sit down and watch the game, dopey wave-starter.

I was proud last night. Some dopes in the section next to me were trying to get fans to start the wave, but fortunately, nobody cooperated. Because it's a PLAYOFF GAME, and there's no time for that nonsense. Sit down and watch the game, dopey wave-starter.

Nice. Very good to hear!

Nice. Very good to hear!

As a sports song it was implemented by the UEFA at the soccer EURO Championship 2008 in Austria and Switzerland. They played that song every time the teams would enter the stadium. After that event it got so popular and it took over in most other sports.

Actually the Italian national team was doing it during their run to the 2006 World Cup. It started at the club level in serie A and caught on with the national team.

If anyone else was at Virgin Freefest at Merriweather on Saturday night, you heard Jack White and his band do the real thing to close their set.

The chant is pretty cool because it fits the "O's". I haven't heard it at any other sporting event, but I definitely wouldn't like it as much if it wasn't befitting of the team name.

The chants that bother me are the ever-classy "You suck" or "B.S." chants. Now those are things that make fans look like inbred morons.

Archived