Am I The Only One Sick of the "Seven Nation Army" song or whatever it is at sports games?

Orange_Crush

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seriously, it's gotten so obnoxious. Where did it come from? It's only been in the last handful of months that it's been trending outside of college football and i'm not certain how that happened.

I believe I've heard it for the past several years at the games. It's just that until this year, the crowd was kind of quiet when it came on.

Seriously, it's gotten so obnoxious. Where did it come from? It's only been in the last handful of months that it's been trending outside of college football and i'm not certain how that happened.

The way I see it, if they play it and the fans are into it, that means your team is relevant...It's just something for fans to do in unison and make the atmosphere more exciting/intimidating for the opponent...been doing it at Ohio State games for years (actually began at Penn State and spread throughout CFB like you mentioned)...but again, fans getting into it usually means your team is playing well enough that the fans want to get more into the game...

If you look at it that way, it's easier to embrace it...at least it is for me...

No, it's awesome. And Baltimore fans do it longer and louder than anywhere (and also sometimes without prompting). It's also a really good song by a great band. What's not to like? It was really cool when TBS cut to Camden live and the whole stadium was doing it full throat. I am pretty much for any fan involvement as long as it is not the wave.

It's Baltimore's "thing" much moreso than other places. Yes - I know they do it other places, but not at all with the same intensity.

I feel like there can be such a disconnect with the people on this board and local Baltimore fans...

I like it and think it adds some energy. And ANYTHING is better than the ridiculous wave. Anytime I hear the crowd start to cheer over a wave and there's an important part of the game happening a little piece of me dies! You see people watching the wave and cheering it on instead of watching the game. I kind of get it if the game if boring or there's nothing going on, but I've seen some diiot get it started in a tie game in the 8th inning and I'm like, "WTF, really?"

I much rather listen to everyone chant the same thing to get the tam pumped up then some stupid wave.

I appreciate that the fans sometimes do it without being prompted, but no, you're not the only one sick of it. It's totally overused, it didn't start with Baltimore, and it's not original. What's worse is the people who can't even do it in beat or with the song, they're just going off all over the place. Not cool.

Archived