2012 Baltimore Orioles Appreciation Thread

ChipTait

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome season! Not even too upset tonight - Jones, Wieters, etc., won't be blinded by the bright lights of the post-season next year, Markakis will be healthy... But, yeah, thanks Buck and company. Just a fun year!!!

I'm not ashamed to lose the series. The Yankees were the better team, and we just ran out of miracles.

Machado is going to be a superstar. He already has more poise than many veterans on our team, and his glove and bat kept us in this series.

Starting pitching was excellent. Flukes don't march into Yankee stadium and shut them down multiple times. Credit to Wieters for handling them so well.

The future is brighter than it's been in decades. Competent FO, excellent manager, and some great young talent. Those are the positives.

I'm not ashamed to lose the series. The Yankees were the better team, and we just ran out of miracles.

Machado is going to be a superstar. He already has more poise than many veterans on our team, and his glove and bat kept us in this series.

Starting pitching was excellent. Flukes don't march into Yankee stadium and shut them down multiple times. Credit to Wieters for handling them so well.

The future is brighter than it's been in decades. Competent FO, excellent manager, and some great young talent. Those are the positives.

I will co-sign on that! Hanging with the Yanks all year long...priceless!!!

Not crushed at all (I mean, at least it wasn't a walk-off). Sad, disappointed, but proud. My head is held high. They may not want to admit it in New York, but deep down, they know that this team fought them tooth and nail.

Thank you, Orioles, for restoring optimism in my life during one of the most trying years I've had in a long time. For making my grandfather proud before he passed away. For Manny Machado, and the Tampa play. For 17 innings on a warm night in Boston. For sending me to bed happy at 4 in the morning during an 18-inning game in Seattle. For coming from behind during Cal Ripken Statue Night and letting Adam Jones get his goosebump moment. For getting Camden Yards full and rocking again. For two post-season wins, one at home during the craziest night at Oriole Park I've ever seen, and one on the road. For fighting, non-stop, all season long. For proving the doubters wrong every single time. For letting us not be a national punchline anymore. For respect.

Thank you for everything, 2012 Orioles. I hope this is merely the start, but if it isn't, well... we always had Paris.

It was a great year. Not truly convinced that the Yankees were better, but I can accept the loss and the future couldn't be brighter. I went to 35+ games and I enjoyed every one, save for the last inning of game 2.

I would love to get an autographed team baseball, I have a 1983 ball on my shelf and a ball autographed by this team would be a perfect accompaniment to it. If anybody knows how to make that a reality, please let me know.

Thank you, Orioles, for the best baseball season I've watched in a long time. Perhaps ever. I am so proud of all of you for never giving in and representing the true Orange & Black with class and determination. I have nothing but love and respect for all of you. It was a great ride and I can't wait for 2013.

Oh, and one more thing...

[video=youtube;xSQxtMWJzGQ]

Archived