Reds pushing for Bedard hard?

fewfirstchoice

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting...I like the deal more if it is Bradford than someone like Hoey.

I'm sure it would be Walker or Bradford. They're both established and if wouldn't make much sense for a team trying to compete to take Hoey over Walker/Bradford.

I believe Loo is going to try and make a come back this season.He and the Reds have had conversations about it I believe.

I tried to post it on the other board but it wouldnt let me.I dont know why it just said I wasnt granted permission to post it there.SOrry it was on the wrong borad.

No worries. It's weird that you can't access the Orioles forum though. The mods might be fiddling around with some stuff right now.

I wish I could give you some positive rep, but I've already used up my rep for today. Long story... :D

But Cincinnati is in Ohio?

Cincinnati is in Ohio but Kentucky is not that far away. If you really get picky about the location, you can actually see Kentucky on the other side of the river from Great American Ballpark, LOL ;)

And I could live with that deal. I think it would be good for both teams.

Not a fan of Janish...he's all defense. Loo is 21 and in the GCL?? Stubbs is a free swinger.

I do like Cueto and Votto being the headliners. But what about Maloney (SP), Francisco (3B), Frazer (SS/3B), or Valaika (SS)?

Agree...The trade looks great because of the sheer numbers and the headliners in the deal but really, it is a 2 for 1 and then a bunch of guys who are nothing special.

Not sure if I like this or not.

I'm sure it would be Walker or Bradford. They're both established and if wouldn't make much sense for a team trying to compete to take Hoey over Walker/Bradford.

Man, I wish the O's were in the NL Central. It's tough NOT to be competitive being there.

Just out of curiosity, say this does happen, and we get Votto, what do we do with Rowell and Snyder, both who are looked at as, 1B/DH players, since Rowell has so far failed the test of moving him to 3B??

Don't get me wrong, I like Votto, but i also like Snyder (who tore up in the fall league in Hawaii).

Also, i don't like Janish at all. Stubbs I like, and don't know much about Loo.

I would rather have Cueto than Bailey, Bailey has #1 potential and Cueto #2, but Cueto has a better chance of getting there I've read. He is regarded just as highly as Bailey by most scouts. Votto AND Stubbs would realyl be great for us.

I think youre a little off on Bailey/Cueto. I think they both have #1 ceilings, with Bailey more likely to reach it, given his level. He's a bit more advanced than Cueto.

But Cueto has better control, and in some eyes is a better prospect.

I don't think you can go wrong with either. It's probably more a matter of who the Reds want to trade. I guess they're planning on having Bailey in the rotation, so we get Cueto.

http://www.minorleagueball.com/story/2007/12/7/16485/6608

Cincinnati Reds Top 20 Prospects for 2008

All grades are EXTREMELY PRELIMINARY and subject to change.

Jay Bruce, OF, Grade A (I'm not worried about the strikeouts given his age and performance)

Johnny Cueto, RHP, Grade A-

Joey Votto, 1B, Grade A-

Homer Bailey, RHP, Grade B+

Todd Frazier, SS-3B, Grade B+

Matthew Maloney, LHP, Grade B (I have always liked him, has component marks of a power pitcher not a finesse guy even though he doesn't throw hard)

Devin Mesoraco, C, Grade B

Drew Stubbs, OF, Grade B-

Neftali Soto, SS-3B, Grade B-

Kyle Lotzkar, RHP, Grade B- (a long way off but a good intuitive feeling)

Daniel Dorn, OF, Grade B- (major sleeper)

Jared Burton, RHP, Grade C+

Tyler Pelland, LHP, Grade C+

Pedro Viola, LHP, Grade C+ (sleeper!)

Travis Wood, LHP, Grade C+ (health??)

Josh Roenicke, RHP, Grade C+

Scott Carroll, RHP, Grade C+

Chris Valaika, INF, Grade C+

Adam Rosales, 1B, Grade C+

Sean Watson, RHP, Grade C+

Brandon Waring, 3B, Grade C+ (the strikeouts scare me)

Belkast, BB, Peace. Hoping one of you guys can confirm this in some way. Anyways, love the inside information regardless, and I'm an overall fan of the deal. Not sure if I like it more than a Jones, Clement, Morrow. Feel like the CF and SS guys in the cinci deal are more fringe prospects rather than legitimate, but here's to hoping they pan out.

Archived