Reds pushing for Bedard hard?

fewfirstchoice

If EPat can't play at second, then it is a bad deal IMO.

I like Murton but unless you get rid of some of deadweight on the roster, you are looking at some kind of platoon with Scott in LF.

The production will be good but you could just do that with Payton and be fine.

If EPat can't play second, his value isn't there.

So, you end up with Gallagher and 2 role players for BRob...Not a good deal for us IMO.

I guess it might be okay if he can play CF. I don't know if he can, though. If he's a LF/4th OF type then you're right, bad deal.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Murton but unless you get rid of some of deadweight on the roster, you are looking at some kind of platoon with Scott in LF.

So, you end up with Gallagher and 2 role players for BRob...Not a good deal for us IMO.

I've gotta think if we're taking Patterson then we think he can play 2b. Otherwise there's no reason for him to be in the trade. I have no problem with him.

Murton just makes no sense though. He's a light hitting corner outfielder. A 4th outfielder on many teams. Replace him with Colvin and I'll be happy.

I've gotta think if we're taking Patterson then we think he can play 2b. Otherwise there's no reason for him to be in the trade. I have no problem with him.

Murton just makes no sense though. He's a light hitting corner outfielder. A 4th outfielder on many teams. Replace him with Colvin and I'll be happy.

Murton isn't light hitting...He could be a solid 800-850 OPS player.

But with Scott here, the need for him doesn't exist unless you are trading a bunch of a players and he becomes a platoon guy in LF and gets a ton of ab's at DH.

Murton isn't light hitting...He could be a solid 800-850 OPS player.

But with Scott here, the need for him doesn't exist unless you are trading a bunch of a players and he becomes a platoon guy in LF and gets a ton of ab's at DH.

Scott should be dealt then for pitching prospects. Trade him with Mora to Philly, especially since Philly has already expressed interest. Also the Cubs asked about Scott too prior to the trade.

You know AM is very high on Gallagher!

I think you are selling Murton a little short. He's 25 years old and has an .820 career OPS. Seems like a pretty good bet to be in the .850 range over the next 3-4 years. Also, he's RH and mashes LHP, something we are a bit short on.

Scott should be dealt then for pitching prospects. Trade him with Mora to Philly, especially since Philly has already expressed interest. Also the Cubs asked about Scott too prior to the trade.

I don't see Scott going anywhere. McP wants him here - and he told him he would be the everyday LF this season.

Archived