Ticketmaster Service Fees not refunded.

Pedro Cerrano

Not sure if this is really going to help anyone, but I got both my Wild Card tickets AND ALCS tickets refunded this morning. I was actually going to call ticketmaster about this today but thought I would check my account first. Hopefully you all get your refunds today or very soon!

This was in the fine print of the purchase agreement.

It wasn't even fine print. It was included in a huge section stating "What happens if the games are not played?". Nobody should have bought the tickets without reading that section (ie, learning whether they would get a refund if the series was not played). It isn't like they said that they would refund all of your money and then there was a subsequent section buried in a separate terms and conditions page stating that you would not get the processing fees back. Complaining about not getting the processing fees refunded is silly both because the buyer had notice and because THEY DID PROCESS TRANSACTIONS. It isn't free for them to take money out of and return money to your account.

Some Orioles fans who purchased playoff tickets for games that never occurred have complained about the lack of refunds for a $6-per-order service charge from Ticketmaster.

Receipts for the orders stated that the Ticketmaster charges would be non-refundable, but that didn?t stop one fan from calling it a ?travesty? in an e-mail to The Sun. The Orioles have also heard a handful of complaints.

The Orioles have corrected earlier information that they were not responsible for the playoff refund policy. Club spokesman Greg Bader said the policy was set by the Orioles in conjunction with Ticketmaster and MLB Advanced Media.

The Orioles will keep some of the revenue from the service charge to defray costs, Bader said. Policies vary from club to club, with the Chicago White Sox, Los Angeles Angels and Detroit Tigers joining the Orioles in not offering refunds for processing and shipping charges. Other clubs such as the New York Yankees and Washington Nationals offer full refunds for the purchase price of the tickets.

Such refund policies have been at the center of past disputes. After the 2002 playoffs, for example, the New York Office of the Attorney General pressed the Yankees to refund 90 percent of the revenue from service charges on tickets for games that were never played. The Yankees initially declined to refund the service charges.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-orioles-fans-complain-about-no-ticketmaster-refund-20121016,0,817704.story

The fees from Ticketmaster are always in dispute. Can a moderator change the word to service,thanks.

From my bank account:

10/15/2012 $82.00 TM *TICKETMASTER TKTS 865-512-6326

10/15/2012 $112.00 TM *TICKETMASTER TKTS 865-512-6326

10/15/2012 $142.00 TM *TICKETMASTER TKTS 865-512-6326

10/15/2012 $12.00 TM *TICKETMASTER TKTS 865-512-6326

I received a refund on the wildcard tickets for the service charge but not the ALDS.

I had a pending credit for $82 for a few days on my card. Only problem is my tickets were $170. Today the credit posted, so I contacted ticketmaster. Apparently they are refunding me in two credits rather than one. So bizarre. For such a large company that only handles tickets, you'd expect them to have a MUCH better handle on this situation.

Especially considering they made $6 per ticket for 7 games.

So $6 x 46000 seats = $276,000 x 7 = $1,932,000

With that said, I'm fine with paying the $6 and expect to. But if you're getting nearly $2 million for this assuming season ticket holders also paid the fee, at-least manage the refunds correctly.

I did not receive a service fee refund for any of the games, including the AL East tie-breaker, wild card game or the ALDS Home Game 3. However, that was the policy as written, so you take that chance. I'd much rather have used the tickets!

At this point, I have not yet been refunded for any of the AL Championship Series home games.

I did not receive a service fee refund for any of the games, including the AL East tie-breaker, wild card game or the ALDS Home Game 3. However, that was the policy as written, so you take that chance. I'd much rather have used the tickets!

At this point, I have not yet been refunded for any of the AL Championship Series home games.

I got refunded fully for the tiebreaker game. You should call Ticketmaster and see if you can get the refund

Your Ticket(s)Print Receipt This event has been canceled. For information on refunds, please contact customer service.

Order DetailsOrder Date Order # Amount

10/02/12 39-55345/WDC US $0.00 Purchase Summary

Purchase Summary

Tickets/ItemsUS $0.00TicketFast Delivery No Charge

TOTAL CHARGESUS $0.00

Edited by grimed1

I had a pending credit for $82 for a few days on my card. Only problem is my tickets were $170. Today the credit posted, so I contacted ticketmaster. Apparently they are refunding me in two credits rather than one. So bizarre. For such a large company that only handles tickets, you'd expect them to have a MUCH better handle on this situation.

Especially considering they made $6 per ticket for 7 games.

So $6 x 46000 seats = $276,000 x 7 = $1,932,000

With that said, I'm fine with paying the $6 and expect to. But if you're getting nearly $2 million for this assuming season ticket holders also paid the fee, at-least manage the refunds correctly.

It's good to be ticketmaster, isn't it? I don't mind paying a service charge for the ticketmaster service but their charges are crazy.

It's good to be ticketmaster, isn't it? I don't mind paying a service charge for the ticketmaster service but their charges are crazy.

Also,why are some people getting charged a service fee for the tiebreaker and wild card and not others. That should be looked into by the Orioles and if they do nothing by the AG of the State of Maryland.

Partial Refund ($6 per game)

Date Description Debit Credit

10/10/2012 TM *TICKETMASTER TKTS 865-512-6326 CA 267.00

10/15/2012 TM *TICKETMASTER TKTS 865-512-6326 CA 261.00 --Refund

10/10/2012 TM *TICKETMASTER TKTS 865-512-6326 CA 267.00

10/15/2012 TM *TICKETMASTER TKTS 865-512-6326 CA 261.00--Refund

10/10/2012 TM *TICKETMASTER TKTS 865-512-6326 CA 314.00

10/15/2012 TM *TICKETMASTER TKTS 865-512-6326 CA 308.00--Refund

Full Refund

10/13/2012 TM *TICKETMASTER TKTS 865-512-6326 CA 218.00--Refund

09/24/2012 TM *TICKETMASTER TKTS 865-512-6326 CA 218.00

10/13/2012 TM *TICKETMASTER TKTS 865-512-6326 CA 168.00--Refund

09/24/2012 TM *TICKETMASTER TKTS 865-512-6326 CA 168.00

10/13/2012 TM *TICKETMASTER TKTS 865-512-6326 CA 430.00--Refund

09/24/2012 TM *TICKETMASTER TKTS 865-512-6326 CA 430.00

Edited by paulcoates

They refunded the Tiebreaker game service charge but not the ALDS. I don't think that is a very consistent policy. Why do some playoff games charge fees but not others ?

Good question but I didn't get a reason why other than its not possible.

I didn't really care about the charge but the fact that they took so long to process it is ridiculous. They said 3-5 business days and I didn't get refunded until the 8th business day. Who knows if I would've gotten refunded had I not have called. I do expect Ticketmaster to honor their word however.