Ticketmaster Service Fees not refunded.

Pedro Cerrano

It was very clear when the tickets were ordered that the service charge was non-refundable. That was expressly stated before you got to the point where you had to commit to purchase the tickets.

They also made it very clear that they would refund my money in 3-5 business days.

It was very clear when the tickets were ordered that the service charge was non-refundable. That was expressly stated before you got to the point where you had to commit to purchase the tickets.

But,Ticketmaster is charging some people fees for the tiebreaker and wild card games but not others. You either charge everyone or no one.

I agree, but that hardly makes it right. When you think about it, they sold tickets to 5 games that never happened...

45,000 seats X $6 service charge for each X 5 playoff games = $1,350,000

that's a lot of money for not a lot of service. What a bunch of malarkey :cussing:

Edited by Mr Snuffleupagus

It's ticketmaster, what do you expect?

I fortunately got my ALCS presales back (albeit they haven't gone through my CC yet. I just see it in process), but not the wild card. I'm wondering if I'll get the credit back by the time I owe money for the 2013 series.

But if I wanted to prepurchase tickets? Ticketmaster would have absolutely no problems at all with instantaneous charges.

It wasn't even fine print. It was included in a huge section stating "What happens if the games are not played?". Nobody should have bought the tickets without reading that section (ie, learning whether they would get a refund if the series was not played). It isn't like they said that they would refund all of your money and then there was a subsequent section buried in a separate terms and conditions page stating that you would not get the processing fees back. Complaining about not getting the processing fees refunded is silly both because the buyer had notice and because THEY DID PROCESS TRANSACTIONS. It isn't free for them to take money out of and return money to your account.

It isn't free for them to process refunds, but that's why you have other teams also. Everyone pays into the same pot and the losers get all their money back. You're telling me that if you count up all the fees paid for every teams post season games, that barely covers the cost of a simple computer system?

I agree, but that hardly makes it right. When you think about it, they sold tickets to 5 games that never happened...

45,000 seats X $6 service charge for each X 5 playoff games = $1,350,000

that's a lot of money for not a lot of service. What a bunch of malarkey :cussing:

It is $6 per ticket order, not $6 per ticket. Assuming that most people ordered the maximum four tickets per order, the amount they made was probably more like $400,000. Not pocket change, but not nearly as much as you suggested, either.

It isn't free for them to process refunds, but that's why you have other teams also. Everyone pays into the same pot and the losers get all their money back. You're telling me that if you count up all the fees paid for every teams post season games, that barely covers the cost of a simple computer system?

It has nothing to do with a simple computer system. It has to do with the banking industry. And Ticketmaster is a for-profit company acting with very little competition, so yeah they got to wet their beaks.

From now on I'm buying from StubHub. They processed the refund several days faster and credit the processing fee as well.

My Fiance got her check in the mail from stubhub from when she sold our ALDS Game 1 tickets on the day of the game; but still hasn't been refunded the WC game tickets from ticketmaster. So for those keeping track of days:

StubHub:

ALDS Game 1 Tickets Sold 10/7; Money Sent via USPS and Received on 10/15. 8 Days elapsed.

Ticketmaster/Orioles:

ALWC Cancelled 10/5; Money refunded ????; 11 Days and counting

Ridiculous.

I called in and got a manually cancellation and refund for my WC and Game 5 tickets. I even got back the $6 processing fee because the rep did a cancellation.

That's crazy, when you consider the extra time it cost them doing the manual cancellation. I guess it's an investment in customer relations / retention--did you first express dissatisfaction w/ having to pay the fee?