O's out of Hamilton sweepstakes according to ESPN Insider

nickr4444

No but he is bringing up issues from 12 years ago. I really believe that PA has given DD and Buck almost full authority to do what needs to be done. I think MacPhail had a lot more rope then people believed. Spending a ton of money on these free agents just isn't a smart thing to do unless you're the Yankees.

I'm just saying, some people don't get over things. Each fan has his/her reasons, for whatever they believe.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm just saying, some people don't get over things. Each fan has his/her reasons, for whatever they believe.

If anyone blames the 15 consecutive years of a losing season solely on Peter Angelos, then they did not look at the drafts from those 15 years. The entire team was in the dumps. They didn't bring in top free agents. They drafted horribly. Their player developmental was possibly the worst in the leagues. I guess you can say it starts at the top, but the O's were just bad at everything. We did not lose for 15 straight years because Angelos' didn't pay Mussina.

One season, should whipe away all the years PA shoved it to the fans? And even 2012 was in spite of PA the owner, and not because of.

Considering that was the last time the Orioles went to the playoffs, seriously the fourteen years between was very painful, as much as I enjoyed last year, which was fantastic, do you think we got stuck by lightening a bit. Boston is reloading for game, so look for them to be a serious contender again.

If anyone blames the 15 consecutive years of a losing season solely on Peter Angelos, then they did not look at the drafts from those 15 years. The entire team was in the dumps. They didn't bring in top free agents. They drafted horribly. Their player developmental was possibly the worst in the leagues. I guess you can say it starts at the top, but the O's were just bad at everything. We did not lose for 15 straight years because Angelos' didn't pay Mussina.

Remember, this was the same owner and front office pair that tried to get Bobby Valentine and Joe Girandi, thankfully, they both turned us down, so I believe it's more luck, then astute baseball minds, making astute decisions.

Considering that was the last time the Orioles went to the playoffs, seriously the fourteen years between was very painful, as much as I enjoyed last year, which was fantastic, do you think we got stuck by lightening a bit. Boston is reloading for game, so look for them to be a serious contender again.

When a team has to win a historical amount of one run games to make the playoffs, i'd say we caught lightening in a bottle. That's why I fear PA will see no need to make big improvements.

And honestly, i'm ok with them not getting Hamilton. I'd rather overpay for Grienke, and trade for Butler or Upton. I just want some of these holes filled, with a little more then clearance rack quality. Doesn't have to be an AS at them all. But, upgrade with a proven player somewhere.

Not getting Greinke.

I hope for the trade people your willing to part with a really good prospect, because they will want one of our best.

I fully agree with you. I'm not convinced it wasn't just one of those years you see from sports teams from time to time where it just worked, it's unexplainable. But i'm pretty worried unlike the rest.

Angelos is cheap? He just gave Jones $85 million, Markakis $66 million, and Roberts $40 million

That totals 191 million in 3 players. That's NOT cheap.

Ok, so he has finally learned to spend some money. Same he couldn't keep his word to Mussina and keep him an Oriole.

As for Roberts, I love Roberts, I really do, but seriously, is he ever going to be able to play ball again for us?

Resigning your own players isn't a skill really, every team does it a time or another. Signing a FA or two to that kind of money might be more impressive, no? Roberts was a waste of $40 million though.

Resigning your own players isn't a skill really, every team does it a time or another. Signing a FA or two to that kind of money might be more impressive, no? Roberts was a waste of $40 million though.

FA or re signings...money is money. You are saying that Angelos won't spend it, and you are wrong. He has spent it and will continue to.

Archived