Mark Reynolds signs with Cleveland

ChaosLex

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think he is much better defensively than you think. I will be pleasantly suprised if Davis' matches his defense. He is a flawed player and early last year I wanted him gone but at this point we haven't filled his spot. Once again the off-season isn't over but this looks poor on the FO if we don't find a comparable player by Opening Day.

His defense was $$ at first. He made probably half a dozen game saving plays late in the season. Too bad he didn't hit this year or he'd be back.

Let's not go that far. He's nowhere close to oustanding defensive 1B. He's pretty average actually. -3.2 UZR; -5.9 UZR/150; -2 DRS'; -6 rPM...

I'm with the last few posters. He played a very solid 1B. He's as good at a diving stretch while holding the bag as I've ever seen. And he made the switch to 1B during the season. Check his fielding stats next fall if you want to strictly go by the numbers. But even then, his "digs" out of the dirt and crazy stretches won't show up.

Not sad to see him go.

He did good work defensively at 1B. His overall performance in the clutch was abominable.

He will do very well for Cleveland. God Bless him. :)

MSK

The bolded statement is not supported by the facts.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.cgi?id=reynoma01&year=&t=b

.970 OPS w/ runners in scoring position. 1.323 OPS with runner on third and 2 outs -- the ultimate clutch situation. Reynolds was excellent for the Orioles in the clutch. His failures were in other situations.

Well, there goes my favorite Oriole player hands down. This one really hurts me, and at this point our team is certainly weaker than last years team. I wish Mark all the best, he is a great guy, a great teammate and a true power hitter.

That said, the off season is not over. But if we don't bring in a really good hitter by the time that ST opens, we will not be contending for anything next year IMO.

Archived