Adam LaRoche To Washington

Brendan25

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN

LaRoche has been telling friends today he would accept the deal. He was backed into a corner by the draft-pick compensation issue.

Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN

Presumably, the Nationals will at least follow up on their conversations with other teams about Mike Morse.

I'm disappointed the O's couldn't have bagged LaRoche for two years. Front office is overvaluing that draft pick, in my opinion. It's all moot now, but I'll be tracking LaRoche the next two years (yes, I know that stats are not necessarily portable, but still...) and then see the progression of whomever we draft with that pick.

I was against keeping Reynolds, primarily because I thought a better solution existed out in the market. Now that move seems a bit short-sighted. Davis at first isn't awful, but it's less than desirable. Maybe this is how we progress and it works. Maybe not.

And if not, isn't a trade involving one of The Cavalry now pretty much necessitated?

Morse for Patton. Let's get it done.

Makes a lot of sense. It'll be interesting to see how quickly a Morse deal happens with any team. You have to think that the Nats have laid groundwork for a potential Morse deal while waiting for LaRoche to sign.

Its going to take more than Patton. The Mariners are probably in. Tampa maybe also. And Boston. Maybe a reason that its taking so long to complete the Napoli deal is that after they saw the MRI, the Red Sox want to see what it takes to get Morse.

Its going to take more than Patton. The Mariners are probably in. Tampa maybe also. And Boston. Maybe a reason that its taking so long to complete the Napoli deal is that after they saw the MRI, the Red Sox want to see what it takes to get Morse.

Most of those teams could be interested, but I'm not sure that Seattle makes sense now that they have several 1B/DH types.

I wouldn't trade much more then Patton.

Fantastic. Now that LaRoche is done, we can wait with baited breath for Morse to be traded somewhere.

In other Orioles related news.....(crickets chirp...crickets chirp)

Your breath is always "baited" but others might be "bated", just sayin' (see below bro). Debbie Downers unite! MOO bats???? TOR signees????

http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-bai1.htm

In other news:

it's = it is

its = possessive

ashamed = sensitive to criticism

a shame = tsk tsk

Archived