Opening Day Tickets

oriolefaith

If I hadn't already told my Dad that we were taking him for his birthday, I would say **** it and move on.

Dip, did you try emailing your rep? A few people that I know couldn't get through, and hadn't gotten a reply from their rep, but they have pending charges on their CC.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally got through after 3+ hours of trying. I was able to get tickets for both mine and my brother's account so that's good at least. Not exactly the seats I wanted but close enough.

I wonder if there is any reason for not doing it online like the playoff tickets? Unless that isn't full secure for some reason (ie. resellers have been able to circumvent the system even if they aren't season ticket holders) then there is no reason to have a call-in only process.

Finally got through after 3+ hours of trying. I was able to get tickets for both mine and my brother's account so that's good at least. Not exactly the seats I wanted but close enough.

I wonder if there is any reason for not doing it online like the playoff tickets? Unless that isn't full secure for some reason (ie. resellers have been able to circumvent the system even if they aren't season ticket holders) then there is no reason to have a call-in only process.

It crossed my mind that possibly the transfer from TM to tickets.com was not 100% complete and not yet ready to handle something like this. I have no clue, though.

It crossed my mind that possibly the transfer from TM to tickets.com was not 100% complete and not yet ready to handle something like this. I have no clue, though.

Yea, that would make sense. You've got to figure there is a reason. Nobody decides "hey, let's have our employees field thousands of phone calls instead of letting an automated online system handle it" unless there is a reason.

Good to know, just remember, deep breaths before you unleash on the voice on the other end.

Spoke with a lovely young lady, Megan, and she took care of me. Nearly four hours of waiting, and I have my tickets in like 2 minutes. Crazy! Got one section over from my regular spot. We'll be in section 338, row 3, right behind home plate!!!!

Like I said...someday I will look back on this thread with fond memories. After speaking with Megan, I can say that time is now!!!!

Been in left field bleachers on Opening Day for the past decade. It will be nice to see the players from their fronts for a change.

Archived