AL East players linked to PED clinic (Yankee and new Blue Jay)

ChaosLex

They are good reasons. However, they still need to have a case. If not they have better reasons to take the suspensions while they are on the DL if they can.

Braun had a case. I doubt anyone is going to be able to use the chain of custody defense again.

I am sure the new arbiter knows what will happen if they rule against the owners.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It wouldn't make much sense for Granderson or ARod to string out the appeals process unless they had a very good chance of winning.
They will appeal no matter of guilt to try and pull a Braun, but that doesnt mean that MLB can string out the process.
They could probably string out the appeals process for a while. If they could wait until after the second month of the season for the suspensions to start, the Yankees will be in huge trouble. The Yankees already are in bad shape with injuries. It couldnt make me happier to see the Yankees finish dead last.

It is my understanding that the appeal occurs before the test results are announced. I understand the the players have no option to string out the process.The leaking of Braun's result probably had something to do with the arbitrator finding in his favor on the technicality.

But a lot of others have appealed to try and save their butts. Emanual Rameriz(note: I will not call him Manny, because there is only one Manny-Machado) and Melky where both obviously guilty and both appealed.

Before you go all silly, perhaps you could get the dude's name correct.

It's Manuel Aristides (Onelcida) Ramirez.

By the way Manny Acta and Manny Trillo say "hello".

BUT Granderson and ARod have good reason to take their suspensions while they are injured if they can.

The Yankees have a good reason for them to take their suspensions while they are injured. The players have a significant reduction in salaries have they are suspended. It is in their best interest to reduce or overturn the suspensions. Also, if they're suspended without an appeal, than they're admitting guilt, and their chances of the HOF are pretty much gone. The best case for them is to vindicate themselves.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
And if so, could Cano be on the list too? I'm guessing his name would've been mentioned already though.

Incarcerated Bob tweeted that earlier this year. He also tweeted today Lebron could be linked, but Stern won't let it out.

Incarcerated Bob tweeted that earlier this year. He also tweeted today Lebron could be linked, but Stern won't let it out.

Incarcerated Bob is a joke. He makes a bunch of guesses and deletes those that he misses on. He is not worthy of quoting as a source.

It remains unclear whether Yankees second baseman Robinson Cano has any connection to Bosch. Sonia Cruz, the spokeswoman for his foundation, was listed in Biogenesis documents, and MLB officials have investigated whether she might have been a conduit for Cano.

I hope he is involved

Looks like MLB did their own job of stringing it out to the 100 game mark. I just hope all of the ones that were mentioned originally are included, and of course no manny. Looks like they will be seeking a 100 game suspension for lying.

Here is a link from NBC sports listing the players linked with the scandal...

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/04/looking-at-the-potentially-suspended-biogenesis-players/

In the Al East:

ARod and Francisco Cervelli from the Yankees

Melky Cabrera from the Blue Jays

It looks like that while Cano's name has come up in association with Bosch they haven't been able to dig up any dirt on him...

Archived