Spring Update: Roberts proving he's the everyday secondbaseman

Tony-OH

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed, he's the starter. The question is how long does it last. It would be a huge upgrade for the team if he could stay healthy and provide adequate defense. Offensively he doesn't have to do much over last year for there to be an improvement. And it looks like so far the stroke and the eye are there.

It would be great to see the Robert's of old. He looks like he's in great shape, hopefully it has prepared him for the long season. Just as long as he doesn't get into one of those funks where he tries to hit a home run every at bat & ends up popping out, he will be a big improvement over last years 2nd basemen hitting wise.

Just the pictures of Roberts from this year to last year are striking.

74452837.jpg

400x225

I didn't even realize who it was at first. I've showed several of those pics to my buddies & co-workers & most are amazed. He's always been one of my favorite Orioles over the years but he's also frustrated me many times over the same time span. Here's to hoping he has put it all back together. :beerchug1:

I've been a B-Rob pessimist for a few years now and definitely heading into this year's spring training. I've said all winter that regardless of his health, I don't think he's good enough to play at a high enough level anymore and that Casilla or Flaherty will force him off the roster.

As spring training goes along, he's proving me more and more wrong. ;)

I've been a B-Rob pessimist for a few years now and definitely heading into this year's spring training. I've said all winter that regardless of his health, I don't think he's good enough to play at a high enough level anymore and that Casilla or Flaherty will force him off the roster.

As spring training goes along, he's proving me more and more wrong. ;)

Proving me wrong as well. I cant believe the difference in his physical state. :scratchchinhmm: I am rooting for him and hope he puts something nice together and stays healthy. Only time will tell.

I've been impressed from the very first ST pics I saw of him. But you tell yourself it was just a good angle, a good picture. But every picture this spring he has looked buff! Bulging even. It's early but Brian's off to a fine start! :)

If, If, If..........if he is back for real then this team could really start rocking and rolling. If Reimold and Roberts can do what we all imagine they could. The Orioles might be very hard even for a healthy Toronto to stay with.

Archived