Chris Tillman Today, 2013

OFFNY

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Boston is pissed they lost two in a row to the lowly O's. They will come out Boston Strong tonight, and rip the brooms from our hands.

Now, Malike ...... you are the first one to discredit the "pissed off" factor/theory in terms of what happens between the lines. ;)

Now, Malike ...... you are the first one to discredit the "pissed off" factor/theory in terms of what happens between the lines. ;)

Neither of us can deny the power that it had over the Yankees. Girardi told them they will not lose to us again as he ripped apart the club house, and it worked!! ;)

Neither of us can deny the power that it had over the Yankees. Girardi told them they will not lose to us again as he ripped apart the club house, and it worked!! ;)

Yep.

And in their next game against the Blue Jays, Girardi said ......

"OK, you guys can go back to losing again. John Gibbons and his bunch have been very cordial to me this year, so don't put too much pressure on yourself to score any runs off of Dickey or anything like that. Just go out there, have fun, and don't mind the scoreboard."

Regardless of the outcome tonight, I was super impressed with Chris Tillman. He gave the team 7 IP, 3 ER despite having thrown 55ish pitches through 2 IP. He didn't have his best stuff, but he battled like hell. This guy is a damn gamer and I'm glad to have him on our side.

I would rather have him out there in the 8th instead of O'Day.

CHRIS TILLMAN O (vs. RED SOX, 9/19)

IP:. 7

H:o 7

R:O 3

BB: 2

SO: 8

Pitches: 109 (75 Strikes, 34 Balls)

2013 ERA: 3.70

PITCHES BY INNING

26 (17 Strikes, 91 Balls)

27 (17 Strikes, 10 Balls)

10 (81 Strikes, 21 Balls)

19 (14 Strikes, 51 Balls)

81 (51 Strikes, 31 Balls)

12 (81 Strikes, 41 Balls)

71 (61 Strikes, 11 Balls)

That start reminded me of all the times we've gotten runs early off Sabathia, and it looks like we may chase him early, and then he settles in and goes seven or eight. Nice to do it to someone else.

Three years ago Tillman's stock was lower than Matusz's, Britton's and Arrieta's, and now he's not only the best pitcher of the three, he's the best pitcher on our entire staff. Pretty amazing.

That start reminded me of all the times we've gotten runs early off Sabathia, and it looks like we may chase him early, and then he settles in and goes seven or eight. Nice to do it to someone else.

Three years ago, Tillman's stock was lower than Matusz's, Britton's and Arrieta's. Now, he's not only the best pitcher of the three, he's the best pitcher on our entire staff. Pretty amazing.

I think that we should all chip in and buy LUCKY JIM a cake and a new fitted Orioles hat. :D

I think that we should all chip in and buy LUCKY JIM a cake and a new fitted Orioles hat. :D

What is with this? He wasn't the only one trumpeting Chris' future success, check the threads and you'll see weams and me there saying the same things. LJ probably saw more of his MiL outings the year he was called up, but there were a few of us who saw his potential.

Archived