Ken Rosenthal's take on where Soriono will go?!?!

caljr

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Of all people to mock other posters for not being funny...

Yep, Of all people to mock other posters for not being funny... :rolleyes:

Hey, shouldn't you be out in that white van repossessing furniture ?

I noiticed that you had a cup in your hands, do you have a squeegee and a corner on falls road, too? :confused:

Yep, Of all people to mock other posters for not being funny... :rolleyes:

Hey, shouldn't you be out in that white van repossessing furniture ?

I noiticed that you had a cup in your hands, do you have a squeegee and a corner on falls road, too? :confused:

Looks like you'll be at 500 posts soon. You gonna ante up for the privilege of annoying everyone here for the next year?

JMHO, but you're overvaluing your prospects again.

Neither one of those guys would net you a quality young ML-ready player.

Dave, we are talking 2 top 100 prospects(in some publications).

I have little doubt that a guy like Huber or Carter or probably even Kotchman could be had for one of these guys. PERHAPS, we have to include a Sendy Rleal/Fio type prospect as well but i doubt it.

Chris Carter has no where to play in Arizona and he is not known as a defensive whiz. It may not even take one of those guys to get him.

Kotchman has been hurt and his value is down, although that may be why the Angels keep him.

Huber is now blocked and KC could use the young pitching.

BTW, guys like Britton and Hoey could also possibly fetch one of these guys, especially with how important the BP Is getting throughout the league.

I would do anything to get Huber, but I think it would take Liz and another young hard thrower BP type guy, or perhaps Penn would do it. I wonder how many of us would think that's too much to give up.

You have to trade something to get something..I don't know. I like Huber a lot for this club.

I would do anything to get Huber, but I think it would take Liz and another young hard thrower BP type guy, or perhaps Penn would do it. I wonder how many of us would think that's too much to give up.

You have to trade something to get something..I don't know. I like Huber a lot for this club.

Huber won't require a committment as big as Penn.

Dave, we are talking 2 top 100 prospects(in some publications).

I have little doubt that a guy like Huber or Carter or probably even Kotchman could be had for one of these guys. PERHAPS, we have to include a Sendy Rleal/Fio type prospect as well but i doubt it.

Chris Carter has no where to play in Arizona and he is not known as a defensive whiz. It may not even take one of those guys to get him.

Kotchman has been hurt and his value is down, although that may be why the Angels keep him.

BTW, guys like Britton and Hoey could also possibly fetch one of these guys, especially with how important the BP Is getting throughout the league.

Sounds like today's version of Ryan Shealy.

Seems to me if Olson/Liz types could get a Shealy type, it'd be done already.

Sounds like today's version of Ryan Shealy.

Seems to me if Olson/Liz types could get a Shealy type, it'd be done already.

We don't know that that is true. We know the Orioles love Olson's upside, perhaps to the point where he has a legit shot at the rotation this season.

Liz is a tough one to read...Everyone knows how great an arm he has and scouts seem to love him but the reviews are mixed as to whether he can be a starter or not.

Bottom line is there is no reason to think the Orioles would have traded one of these guys for another prospect. That is not something they have done in the past and they may want someone more established at first.

They are wrong but that still may be their thinking.

Yeah, I still don't get how the Tigers great big moves of the last few years are so different than the O's or so much better. Lets compare:

Tigers O's

Maggs Miggy

Pudge Javy/Ramon

Rogers Ponson/Benson

What am I missing here??? Obviously Rogers has worked out better than our 2 starters, but at the time of the moves, I'm not sure most would take Rogers over Ponson or Benson.

Oh wait, I know what we're missing, the development of the best pitching staff in baseball, which had little to do with making big splashes on the FA market.

Since Boca doesn't want to respond to this, does anyone know what was so different about the Tigers big moves compared to the O's big moves of the last few years?

We don't know that that is true. We know the Orioles love Olson's upside, perhaps to the point where he has a legit shot at the rotation this season.

Liz is a tough one to read...Everyone knows how great an arm he has and scouts seem to love him but the reviews are mixed as to whether he can be a starter or not.

Bottom line is there is no reason to think the Orioles would have traded one of these guys for another prospect. That is not something they have done in the past and they may want someone more established at first.

They are wrong but that still may be their thinking.

So what you're saying is, the O's will not be getting this young ML-ready 1B by trading Liz/Olson.

I agree.

Archived