Jones Bases Loaded Drop

jabba72

Easy play or hot dogging? To me he was twisting his lower body away from it making it much harder to catch, and he clearly didnt see it come into his glove. But that said, Jones should have had time to get under it properly. I almost expected the ball to skip out when his setup looked so akward. Hopefully he stops doing this.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Easy play or hot dogging? To me he was twisting his lower body away from it making it much harder to catch, and he clearly didnt see it come into his glove. But that said, Jones should have had time to get under it properly. I almost expected the ball to skip out when his setup looked so akward. Hopefully he stops doing this.

He does seem to try to make things look too easy sometimes and should just get back and catch the ball. With that said, he got back there and took his eyes off the ball. It was a huge mistake, but with the way our pitching had been going I was questioning Buck's decision to intentionally walk a batter with two outs.

It was an inexcusable play. I know it, you know it, Buck knows it, and Jones knows it. I mean...what else can you say? It just can't happen.

This.

Not "hot dogging" IMO but just a momentary lack of focus. Inexcusable like you said.

Whether or not the blowing bubbles actually affects his play in the field, these "lapses in concentration" happen enough that I think he should be prohibited from chewing bubble gum on the field. He's now directly cost us two games with his botched plays in the outfield.

Archived