Kevin Gausman Today, 2013

OFFNY

KEVIN GAUSMAN O (vs. AAA-Rochester, 7/27)

IP:. 4.33

H:o 6

R:O 4

BB: 2

SO: 2

Pitches: 84 (51 Strikes, 33 Balls)

2013 ERA: 7.13 (AAA-Norfolk)

PITCHES BY INNING

22 (14 Strikes, 8 Balls)

91 (41 Strikes, 5 Balls)

18 (11 Strikes, 7 Balls)

11 (71 Strikes, 4 Balls)

24 (15 Strikes, 9 Balls) *

* Gausman recorded 1 out before departing in the 5th inning.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PITCHES BY INNING

22 (14 Strikes, 8 Balls)

91 (41 Strikes, 5 Balls)

18 (11 Strikes, 7 Balls)

11 (71 Strikes, 4 Balls)

Uninspiring performance. He's a long way away from a return to the majors.

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk 2

PITCHES BY INNING

22 (14 Strikes, 8 Balls)

91 (41 Strikes, 5 Balls)

18 (11 Strikes, 7 Balls)

11 (71 Strikes, 4 Balls)

What the heck has happened to KG?

Orioles screwed Gausman like they screwed Britton this year. It seemed that he was on a solid development plan, and it all went down the crapper by bringhing him up willy nilly, throwing him in the bullpen, and now it' s a jumbled mess.

So it's all the team's fault?

I think the orioles screwed up Gausman this year. They have acted as if there was no developmental plan for him this year.

The Orioles have certainly done Gausman no favors this season. He should still be in Bowie developing. He might be having a nice season right now and everyone would still be up on his potential to help this season. Instead, they rushed him to the majors, put him in the bullpen for a while, then demoted him back to AAA where he's struggled to say the least. Honestly, between Gausman's lack of performance and Bundy's and Schoop's injuries, and I'm not sure this year could have gone worse for the Orioles top prospects this season. It's been an unmitigated disaster honestly.

The Orioles have certainly done Gausman no favors this season. He should still be in Bowie developing. He might be having a nice season right now and everyone would still be up on his potential to help this season. Instead, they rushed him to the majors, put him in the bullpen for a while, the demoted him back to AAA where he's struggled to say the least. Honestly, between Gausman's lack of performance and Bundy's and Schoop's injuries, and I'm not sure this year could have gone worse for the Orioles top prospects this season. It's been an unmitigated disaster honestly.

Tillman been up and down the last two years, and for his performance this year, you still say its been a total disaster?

How do you blame the team for the Bundy injury????

Not every prospect can pitch at this level, something like 2 out of 10 actually make it.

I tend to agree but does anyone know if he's been working on new pitches and tinkering without regard to outcome? Theres always that

possibility. The Orioles may be trying some things with him and it could affect his production.Has anyone personally seen him pitch in his last two

starts?

I STILL think he gets a callup and STILL think he can get outs.

Yeah, hopefully he's down there working a lot on that slider.

Yeah, hopefully he's down there working a lot on that slider.

Yeah looking at the numbers means nothing to me without reports. I have heard he is down a notch or two on the gun but what is causing that. It could be a dead arm part as this is the first full season, they have altered his delivary a bit to keep him more centered at the end from the video I have seen. He also looks like he is working from the other side of the rubber then he did early on. This would help with his slider and tougher on the righies. All these things can take a bit of time to adjust. Just remember when Tilman was down last season in the begining and he was struggling the velo was down and he was not getting the results. After a few turns in the rotation he got it going and has not looked back. The smallest tinkering with a pitchers mechanics affects the pitcher greatly and until he is fully comfortable he is somwhat timid pitching and thinking too much about all those little things he is not used to do. The goal though is to get it into his mind through doeing it time and time it becomes natural and he does it without thinking. I saw twice in the either the last start of the time before him he was on the mound and then the catcher stands up and lets him know he had moved back to the side he had been pitching before the change.

I don't think it was a mistake to call him up to the majors to give him a shot in the rotation; he was looking very good in Bowie at the time we called him up. But once it was clear that he wasn't getting the job done in the major league rotation, he should have returned to Bowie or Norfolk for a regular rotation slot, rather than jerked around between levels and between the rotation, bullpen and "last man on the roster limbo". The primary consideration needs to be developing his potential as a front line starter, not trying to get quality relief innings out of him to cover up for the lack of decent righty bullpen options in the organization.

Archived