More Discomfort in Bundy's Elbow.

tylerfrombelair

Is anyone else of the belief that it was bound to happen sooner or later? A guy with a sleight frame like that who works out as hard as he does and throws as hard as he does...unless your name is Nolan Ryan and you have a gift from God when it comes to durability...it has to happen.

Slight frame? Pedro had a slight frame. I have a slight frame. Willie Keeler had a slight frame. Bundy is, like, 6' and 180 pounds of dude who works out constantly.

I think the only "bound to happen" part is that he throws baseballs.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Slight frame? Pedro had a slight frame. I have a slight frame. Willie Keeler had a slight frame. Bundy is, like, 6' and 180 pounds of dude who works out constantly.

I think the only "bound to happen" part is that he throws baseballs.

Pedro was 5'11 and 170 and worked out pretty hard. Dunno about you and Willie Keeler, though.

any medical updates on bundys condition
He sees Andrews tomorrow. I am assuming the worst.

The ability to develop pitching in this organization is so very awful. I think we should just draft position players from now on:)

It would be wise to assume that. If it is anything other, you can get happy in a hurry. It does not appear to ba a shoulder. So there is that.

Is anyone else of the belief that it was bound to happen sooner or later? A guy with a sleight frame like that who works out as hard as he does and throws as hard as he does...unless your name is Nolan Ryan and you have a gift from God when it comes to durability...it has to happen.

While certainly not any form of hard evidence, it'd be interesting to compare medicals right now to medicals each of the last two Junes. He had some weird outings/weekends from a pitch count standpoint the summer before his senior year and skipped some showcase stops/all-star showings as part of the deal. It was one of the few knocks against him outside of height.

Still praying that it is forearm (flexor mass) related and he doesn't need surgery. The Orioles seemed pretty convinced in their prognosis, and yes, I know their record is poor when it comes to developing pitchers and their medical problems, but I want to stay positive, if just for the kid's sake. He certainly has the right work and mental attitude to get a break.

From Roch (Masn)

Dylan Bundy's appointment with Dr. James Andrews in Gulf Breeze, Fla. is later today, so don't anticipate an update until perhaps early in the evening.

Bundy is seeking a second opinion. He's bothered by tightness in his flexor mass in his right forearm. An MRI on his elbow came back clean.

Thanks. Weird. If Andrews finds something definitive that he missed, we need a new team doctor. Actually I'm pretty sure we need a new medical staff anyway.

I agree if it is anything different then the O's should think about changing the medical staff up.

Archived