Dr. James Andrews today. Andrews recommended and administered a PRP (platelet rich plasma) injection

BaltimoreO's

Some good news

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Good news on <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Orioles">#Orioles</a> top pitching prospect Dylan Bundy, who tested full range of motion without pain today after PRP injection on April 29.</p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">May 24, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's awesome news!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Orioles, take your time, but get him back healthy and dealing. I expect NOTHING this year, but maybe he can squeeze in a September call up. I'd be

thrilled with that. Anything else would be wishful thinking.

Excellent news.Glad to hear.

Orioles, take your time, but get him back healthy and dealing. I expect NOTHING this year, but maybe he can squeeze in a September call up. I'd be

I dont think there is any way he could come up before then anyways. Doesnt he have about 2 weeks left of rest, putting him at mid June. Then if you rehabbed for a month you are looking mid July. Some stretching out in the minors and regaining strength, September call up is ambitious and best case.

I dont think there is any way he could come up before then anyways. Doesnt he have about 2 weeks left of rest, putting him at mid June. Then if you rehabbed for a month you are looking mid July. Some stretching out in the minors and regaining strength, September call up is ambitious and best case.

It really depends on how he's feeling. That would be a reasonable time table for a serious sprain, broken finger, moderate to severe hamstring strain, or minor tear. This injury might not be as serious as any of those because there was no real structural damage. If he's 100% structurally and feeling no pain, he could be back much sooner. All depends on how he feels and how his arm responds after throwing at full strength.

There's still plenty of time for Bundy to accomplish what he needs to accomplish this season and get a September call up. And if he earns that, there will be no concerns at all about him reaching an innings limit. So, the O's can afford to be as careful as they need to be.

It really depends on how he's feeling. That would be a reasonable time table for a serious sprain, broken finger, moderate to severe hamstring strain, or minor tear. This injury might not be as serious as any of those because there was no real structural damage. If he's 100% structurally and feeling no pain, he could be back much sooner. All depends on how he feels and how his arm responds after throwing at full strength.

To say there is no structural damage is probably incorrect. The MRI showed no damage to the UCL and he was diagnosed with a wrist flexor strain. This diagnosis implies the muscle belly at the least suffered some damage. Muscles because they have a blood supply are capable of healing themselves if it is truly just a strain. Ligaments do not have a blood supply. That is why they need surgery. If the pain returns this year there is a good chance of ligament damage in addition to the muscle.

My honest opinion is that he worked out too intense with not enough of a break this off-season and then suffered a Repetitive use injury. Hopefully with this break he should return to form. We will know soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone read this kind of stuff and laugh when they make it like it is a big step. He threw a ball from 60 feet twenty five times. I would sure hope he had no issues.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Dylan Bundy started his throwing program today in Sarasota. 25 throws from 60 feet. No problems. <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Orioles">#Orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">June 10, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived