Jose Bautista is about to pass Markakis (Update: Bautista passed Markakis)

McLovin

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the MLB site this afternoon:

OUTFIELD

Mike Trout, Angels: 4,822,983

Adam Jones, Orioles: 4,766,256

Jose Bautista, Blue Jays: 2,679,230

Nick Markakis, Orioles: 2,536,864

Torii Hunter, Tigers: 2,390,336

Bautista leads Markakis by 142,366 votes and Hunter trails Markakis by 146,528 votes. Pretty close.

It's worth mentioning that even if Markakis is not as deserving this season, it's an absolute crime that he was left off in 2008. He was a legit MVP candidate that season (1st bbref WAR, 11th Fangraphs WAR) and he didn't even make the all-star game.

Svan Longoria has plantar fasciitis in his right foot. Not sure how long he will be out and might linger all year.

He is trying to play through it as much as possible (no DL stint) but I would be shocked if he decided that playing in the all star game was a better idea then getting a chance to rest it.

any email address can vote up to 25x. I voted with four email addresses today. Let's keep in up. Markakis deserves to go because it is crazy that in all those years where the O's had only one token All Star, he never repped the team. Ty Wigginton was an Orioles all star but Nicky wasn't?!?! Let's make it happen. We have until midnight on Thursday. Let's vote him in!

I am not sure if Nick should win but i will vote like crazy just to get Bautista out of there. He is a complete A-hole. His actions actions on the field just hit my nerve more then any other player. The game earlier in the year vs the Rangers running his mouth. The game when he hit a homer against o'day and talked the entire way around the basepaths. Then today again when the catcher was trying to block teh plate and make a sweep tag and had his leg out and Bautista got mad for him blocking it without the ball though it was gonna be close.

I voted markakis again today, Do not care what the stats say. All-Star game wont ever be the best stats starting, for goodness sake if stats mattered for who gets in would Jeter have a single vote?

any email address can vote up to 25x. I voted with four email addresses today. Let's keep in up. Markakis deserves to go because it is crazy that in all those years where the O's had only one token All Star, he never repped the team. Ty Wigginton was an Orioles all star but Nicky wasn't?!?! Let's make it happen. We have until midnight on Thursday. Let's vote him in!

This is key.

If you were in college when email was around, get all your old college friends email addresses that they don't use anymore and vote with them.

Archived