Jose Bautista is about to pass Markakis (Update: Bautista passed Markakis)

McLovin

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it's silly to get so serious about an exhibition that the players barely take seriously. So I vote for who I want to see play. Good to know that there are others fighting for truth, justice, and honor though.
People who "fight for truth, justice, and honor" as you put it, are voting for who they want to see play, too.

Actually this thread is people getting mad at other people who vote for non-Orioles players. Count the number of posts bashing the "deserving" voters and count the number of posts going against the "orange" voters.

Apparently reading and comprehension aren't your strong suit.

Okay, I said people are getting mad because people are voting for players who they are fans of and not by WAR (You know, the more deserving players) . Then you say people are getting mad at people who are voting for non O's who are more deserving. You should be fairly embarrassed by your last sentence as we're both exactly correct, except you are saying there are more O's fans getting mad at people for not voting orange, then O's fans more interested in the "integrity" of the ASG. I'm actually a little embarrassed for you.

Is this an O's website? Do you really think that during a fan vote, the people here aren't going to vote orange?

Take the All-Star Game seriously if you want, if you want the best players in the game, don't let the fans vote, you know, because they are biased towards their teams and all.

People on both sides of the discussion have gotten angry in this thread, I'm not interested enough in keeping a tally as to which side of the discussion is more angry,though. I said people, I didn't define how many from each side.

Reading and comprehension are fun!

By and large, the fan vote is a popularity contest and MLB encourages fans to vote as much as possible in the months leading up to the game. Fans vote for the uni, not always the best player at each position. (See Derek Jeter and his 800,000+ votes; he hasn't played a game since last October.)

I have no problem with it being a popularity contest. What I have a problem with is that the game does mean something; MLB decided that the outcome of the game would determine HFA for the World Series. That was a terrible idea.

So, let the fans vote for their favorite players regardless of whether their favorite player is the best in MLB. But make the game meaningless. Let WS HFA be based on the participants' seasonal W/L records. Just like it used to be.

This is garbage. Ask yourself this: if an Orioles player did what Bautista did, would you think him a clown? Really? If one of our guys homered off of an ace bullpen reliever who had struck him out in a key situation the game before, to win a game and bring the team's winning streak to 10 games, you would come on the OH and blast him for being immature if he did what Bautista did? Bull****. You would LOVE it. As with everything in sports, it's all about the laundry.

No. Taunting is classless. I'm ok with small displays of emotion (bat flip, fist pump, etc.), but full-on taunting directed at another player is not cool. And it's not just this - his constant chirping at the umps and other shenanigans just put a sour taste in my mouth.

There's a lot of people on this board that disliked Belle despite the fact that he played for the O's (including me.) For some people, production isn't everything. There is something to be said about producing with class.

I would vote for other non-Orioles that aren't clowns over someone with his attitude, even if they play for NYY or BOS. I'm all for Ellsbury, Gardner, Trout, etc. They are deserving, and have never (in my experience) acted in this fashion.

I voted for Trout, Bautista, and Ellsbury. I would also have Gardner and Crisp ahead. With Rasmus, Gordon, and Rios right with him.

I don't understand why you have to keep bragging about the non-Orioles players you have voted for. And if you must, why not just make it one post and let it go?

This is ORIOLEShangout. Of course a lot of us are going to vote for a player simply because they are on our team.

You are really starting to come across as a troll to be honest. Perhaps I shouldn't have fed you but I just got tired of reading your posts in this thread which are essentially the same thing over and over again.

IMO, voting for someone just because of stats is like voting for the third party candidate in a presidential election. Good intentions but it just won't happen.

Been wanting Markakis in the All Star Game for awhile now. Bautista's attitude just fueled my desire to make it happen. Been voting the maximum times a day on six different accounts every day for awhile now.

Payback for all those times it was loaded with Yankees/Red Sox players. It's a popularity contest and it always was. Until they decide to make a point system and award players with a selection based on math, I see no problem with just voting for players I want to see in it.

I've dug up over 100 old email address and have been using them to vote 25 times each for Markakis and other Orioles. Every year I only vote maybe 10 times max and I usually vote for the players that deserve it. I have never voted for Markakis...ever. He has also never made an AS game. It's almost been two decades since we've had more than one starter and 2005 since we had one! Now we have a chance to get 4.

The way I see it, I, as a fan, will never get the opportunity to see this again. Hardy won't ever start again and neither will Markakis. Chris Davis MAY never start again as this year (admit it people) could be a one-time thing/he may not be an Oriole for very long. So really the only two that have a legit shot at starting the next few years are Adam Jones and Machado and that's if Machado becomes more popular than Miggy and Longoria.

So I want to see 4 O's starting this year. It may be like seeing an eclipse! Markakis has been an AS in the past and has been snubbed b/c we sucked (TY WIGGINTON PEOPLE!)....It would be nice to see 5 or 6 or 7 Orioles on the All-Star team this year.

Archived