vs. ROYALS, 7/24

OFFNY

That game's on Buck for keeping Chen in the game with a rested bullpen.

On top of it, why O'day for second inning? He has an 8-man bullpen that is totally rested. Oh well, Buck has his strengths and weaknesses like any other managers.

Add on the fatc that the team has decided that the Royals pitchers are too hard, and it's recipe to lose 2 out of the first three. Disappointing because these are the team you need to beat up on a bit.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All losses are disappointing, but beating the East is what matters the most ... they have to snap out of it by Friday.

We have a game tomorrow, albeit not against an A.L. East team.

Let's snap out of it THEN. :)

Im really REALLY getting sick of this team teasing us by beating good teams and then losing series' to teams lile the royals

Good teams lose to "bad" teams all the time. This isn't football. Stop acting like you're always supposed to win every game against a "bad team." That's baseball.

All losses are disappointing, but beating the East is what matters the most...they have to snap out of it by Friday

We only play 76 games against. We have to beat a lot more than just the east if you want to win the division.

Chen probably shouldn't have been out there for the 8th but that pitch to Hosmer was brutal and a lot of that is on Wieters. As soon as I saw him set up, my eyes popped out of my head. He went right back to the same spot where Hosmer had homered earlier. This is a maddening team. Too many winnable games have slipped away.

Its pathetic how we cant take advantage of our situation ever. Tb and Bos play each other 4 times which should be an excellent opportunity to gain some ground, especially when we get to play the royals. But what do we do? Split/lose the series and gain absolutely nothing.

Good teams lose to "bad" teams all the time. This isn't football. Stop acting like you're always supposed to win every game against a "bad team." That's baseball.

The orioles are disproportionately bad against bad teams when compared to other playoff hopefuls.

The Orioles are 20-22 against teams under .500. That is down right pathetic. Boston, Tampa, and NY all have win percentages over .630 against teams under .500.

They should be ashamed of their lackluster efforts and piss poor performances against teams under .500, game after game. Pathetic.

The Orioles are 20-22 against teams under .500. That is down right pathetic. Boston, Tampa, and NY all have win percentages over .630 against teams under .500.

They should be ashamed of their lackluster efforts and piss poor performances against teams under .500, game after game. Pathetic.

I won't say that every game against a crappy opponent was "pathetic", but getting swept by the White Sox was painful, to say the least. What I find more irritating than the losses though is all the hype about the Rays. I'm so sick of hearing how great the Rays are. I know they totally clowned the Red Sux tonight, but still I feel the need to whine anyway. We can still tie this series and get back to Baltimore for some payback.

I'll add that the KC fans should enjoy it while it lasts. They ain't going anywhere, in a division with CLE and DET ahead of them. There will be O's fans looking forward to watching playoff games. All the Royals fans have is a few Parthian shots like this as they circle the drain. They won't be cheering the next time the Tigers come to town.

Archived